<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun May 14, 2006 1:03 pm

Official Beta PackGen Bug Report Thread

OK, heres the offical bug thread for the new Beta Packgen, which I am now loading up with homebrew. For those people nice enough to test it, please report any bugs or any problems with any of the homebrew here. Please make sure you check the current bugs to see if yours was already submitted. I will keep a running list off all the issues in this post and whether or not they were resolved yet:

Red = Unresolved
Green = Resolved

Packgen Issues
1. If you choose 2.0, it is not smart enogh to recognize which of the programs in the PackGen will work, and will give you some non-working ones. [Terdinglage]
2. The title of the homebrew in the PackGen will be the same as on your MS, but it does not affect playablity. [Terdinglage]
3. You cant hide corrupt icons at this point and time. [Terdinglage]
4. There is a limit to the number of files which can be generated - we should find that limit. [Terdinglage]
5. eLoader is put on the PSP regardless of what firmware version you select. [maG]

Homebrew Issues
1. Only NES Among the emulators works, not Daedalus, SNES, or DGEN. [supashay]
2. iR Shell does not launch properly. [supashay]
2. MAME contains only one folder. [supashay]

Admin Control Issues
1. You cant have apostrophies " ' " in the descriptions or the text glitches and adds several backslashes "/". [Terdinglage]
2. You cant have backslashes "/" in the homebrew name, or it will create add a new directory and mess things up. [Terdinglage]
2. When you choose to update files on said homebrew, its description is reduced to one word. [Terdinglage]

Mods, feel free to add any reported bugs to this post, but dont remove them, I'll take care of that.

MM-FIXED - means that i have "fixed" it ... so test it and if u think its fixed too make it green ;)
Last edited by Terdinglage on Fri May 19, 2006 9:12 pm, edited 16 times in total.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun May 14, 2006 2:08 pm

Yeah when I download the Windows EXE Heres what happened I downloaded all the emus, which means I didn't dl the Dax stuff or the Ir Shell and the only thing that I got working was the NesterJ emu. I didn't get any of the Genesis Folders and I only got 1 SNES Folder...

*EDIT* just tried the Dax Loader and the iR Shell in the Windows EXE thing , the Ir shell folders seem to show up but when you go into the game menu they are incompatable data the Dax loader is okay tho...
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun May 14, 2006 3:09 pm

homebrew issue one and two both resolved.
packgen issue two resolved.

PLEASE CONTINUE TESTING WHENEVER YOU CAN!
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon May 15, 2006 3:45 pm

umm ok I tried downloading X-Flash from the EXE and I got this message fomr the EXE, "PSP/GAME/X-Flash/Xflash/Modified/gameboot.pmf The Archive is either unknown or Damaged", too scared to try changing gameboot...
<<

Skelator03

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 19 times

Post Mon May 15, 2006 3:46 pm

extract it to your mem card directly it will work
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

hmm I don't know and also when using the EXE and using the mame I only get one folder...
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Tue May 16, 2006 12:40 am

terding ... awesome.

ill get on this stuff
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Post Tue May 16, 2006 1:21 am

what are some suggestions for the 2.0 pack? right now the ability to do something different is there... but im not really doing too much... what should be different in your guys opinion? should it come with a certain shell or setup built in?

u tell me.... be detailed!
<<

Mailas

Post Tue May 16, 2006 7:18 am

Well the design looks great all ready but I reccomend a logo for it. Theres no one on here who wouldn't accept a challenge of that.
And if its needs updating for homebrew Im always glad to help if no one is around.

Other than that I think its fine the way it is.
<<

Skelator03

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue May 16, 2006 10:23 am

for 2.0 it should come with the eloader built in that needs to be on there already set up but i dont use 2.00+ so i dont have it or know how it is set up
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue May 16, 2006 1:44 pm

2.0 is set up relatively easy, nik use this link for an auto installer so you can see how it goes: http://dl.qj.net/Alternative-eLoader-v0 ... /catid/114

We also need to make 2.0 into a gen on a separate page, and we should be able to select whether or not the homebrew is 2.0 COMPATIBLE. Only if we select that its 2.0 compatible would it show up in the 2.0 packgen.

I would also like to request a separate packgen which would come with iR Shell built in and would let u choose what homebrew, what remotes, what quicklaunch homebrew, and perhaps what skins you want installed. This wouldnt require much modification from the original packgen, especially if we didnt include skins. U would need to add one more selection box that would let u select which quicklaunch control you want a certain homebrew to be set too, and then u would just have to duplicate the eboots into the irshell/homebrew/corresponding control folder. if you didnt select a quicklaunch hombrew would be installed as normal. remotes would be easy, i would provide the files and a database, and they would be selected and installed in the irshell/ircodes directory. Same is for the skins, except they go into the irshell/skins directory named with a certain folder. that would mean just added two more zip uploads to our current packgen (ircodes and skins). Neways I got to go eat ill talk more to you later, but there is a lot of potential here. Also make sure to check out what I posted for xboxbrew and pspbrew in the admin section.

Great to have u back, and I hope the irshell thing can happen, great app, would give us and irshell tons of popularity
Terdinglage
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Post Tue May 16, 2006 3:37 pm

sounds good ;)

update the stuff above when u get a chance (see the MM- comments?)

nik
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue May 16, 2006 3:42 pm

ok, im moving all of my suggestions to a separate thread now.
<<

Skelator03

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue May 16, 2006 3:43 pm

we also need to fix it so that if you click 2.00 it hides the rest so you cant mess up cuz there are stupid people in this world
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue May 16, 2006 4:23 pm

lol i checked it all with my eyes and my knowlege, but for now monkey I cant do more, I dont think u gathered it, but my PSP bricked.
Next

Return to BrewPack! Generator