wii 4.2 homebrew fix

<<

draxon2000

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 am

wii 4.2 homebrew fix

OK well here is a pack complete with a guide to get your wii with system menu 4.2u running homebrew it worked for me i am now playing games from my flash drive Don't use this if you bought a wii with 4.2 pre installed it will not work.

here is the guide included with the pack the link will be after it

1. format your SD card to FAT32

2. copy the content of "hack pack 4.2 sys menu 11122009" onto your sd card and click the sd card icon on your wii menu, it will load up the banner bomb hack, press continue then install hbc and DVDX, for bootmii press prepare sd card then install bootmii as boot2 if possible if not install it as an iso.

3. (creating a NAND backup) (this needs a sd card with 600mb free load homebrew channel, press the home button on your controller and select "launch bootmii" you will have to use the d-pad on a gamecube controller to navigate through this menu. go over to the icon of the gears and press A, then select the icon of the green arrow going from the chip onto the sd card. wait until it has finished the backup and the verification and then press any button to finish, back up the files that are on your sd card now to your computer in-case you need to reset your wii to an eairlyer state (this will solve 99.9% of bricks and makes it so you can downgrade from any future updates)

4. format your sd card to FAT32 and copy the content of "uninstall_stub_3_dogeggs" onto it, run homebrew channel, press the home button on your controller and press "launch bootmii". when the wad manager loads press A, choose "wii sd slot" press A, then select "iso249.wad" press A, then select UNINSTALL WAD and press A

5. format your sd card to FAT32 and copy the contence of "install cios249" onto it, run homebrew channel, press the home button on your controller and press "launch bootmii". wait untill the ios installer loades then press left on your wii d-pad untill it sias "do not reload iso", press A, press A again. if you have your wii hooked up to the internet choose "network installation", if not select sd install.

6. now your 4.2 wii is homebrew friendly, after you do all this i would recommend making another nand backup so that you have one before the hack and one after, to do so format your sd card to FAT32 and copy the contence of "hack pack 4.2 sys menu 1122009" onto it and place it into the wii, you will need to press the sd card icon on the wii menu again and load up the installer, go to bootmii and press "prepare sd card" this will give it the necessary files again, without them bootmii wont load, then just repete step 3.

7. (optional) if you want to use the usb backup loader or want to load backups from disk just format your sd card to FAT32 and copy the content of "hack pack 4.2 sys menu 11122009" and choose "usb loader GX" for usb loader and "neogamma r7" for disk backups.

8. (optional) if you want neogammer or usb loader as a channel open up the homebrew channel, open wad manager and install the respective wad(s)

WARNING: if you load your nand files to get your wii to a former state back up all of your game saves and channels as they will be reverted to the point that you made thenand back up.

walk-through by Jazkat.

credit also goes to:
messie: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faq ... menus.html
Dogeggs: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faq ... y-wii.html

Download link: http://hotfile.com/dl/23378233/fc44008/w_4.2.rar.html

oh and sorry if i put this in the wrong spot wasn't to sure where to put it lol
Last edited by draxon2000 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 am

i can ask for this to be put in tuts, however its alright in here for atm i guess.
you could make it more galmerous and easy on the eye by maybe colour coding each section.
Being redone
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Bravo sir!
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 am

Fyi, installing as nand will not work on a prebought 4.2 as it won't have the boot1 bug.
Being redone
<<

draxon2000

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Alex Finlay wrote:Fyi, installing as nand will not work on a prebought 4.2 as it won't have the boot1 bug.

thx for the info i updated the guide above :D :lol:
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm

now lets say i no longer wanted HB can i return to normal???
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 am

If you do a google search for "revirginize wii" you'll find guides for removing all your hacks.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:39 pm

~ Moved to Tuts ~
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

zahbe

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 am

where to get file?

the download link is dead, i want to get the emulators running on the wii i just bought it so i dont think its going to work... if i buy the emulator from the wii channel can i play my own games
<<

telenzy

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: wii 4.2 homebrew fix

How to connect my Nintendo Wii to the internet using my laptop? I have a Nintendo Wii, and I would like to know how I can connect my Wii to the internet using my laptop. I have Alltel wireless but no router and no Nintendo USB Wifi connector of any type. Is there another alternative as to how I can connect my Nintendo Wii to the internet using my laptop?

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials