Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Need help deciding

<<

Kittenz

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 am

Need help deciding

Hello. So I'm new to all this. I have a basic understanding of how softmodding works but at the same time I have a few questions that I need clarified before I make the decision to go through with it or not. I just purchased the mario anniversary wii so the firmware is updated to 4.3U already and from what I read I cant use backup dvds in the system so a usb loader would be my only option. I am extremely worried about bricking my new wii. Here are a few questions I have though.

1. Am I able to get HBC and a USB loader on my system even with 4.3U? And if so does this tut look legitimate http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 Does it seem to include everything I'd need to get HBC, USB loader, and other programs to stop updates and such?

2. What are the most common reasons for bricking a wii and what are the possibilities of them happening. Should I worry?

3. If I did softmod my wii, would I still be able to access the features of my other channels like the shopping channel, internet browser, and such?

4. How safe is downgrading if necessary to softmod?

Sorry if this is alot for one post. I do not expect one person to answer all these but I'd appreciate any help I can get because I have little clue what I'm doing and very worried about turning my wii into a block of scrap. Thank you!
<<

FillSmith

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 11, 2023 2:35 am

Re: Need help deciding

Textero AI Essay Helper for College Students 2023 is an innovative tool that aims to assist students in their academic writing tasks - https://www.geekandnerd.org/. It offers various features such as grammar and plagiarism checks, essay structuring suggestions, and vocabulary enhancement.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials