<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:35 pm

How do I tell what version my Wii is?

I looked on a couple sites but I can't figure out if my Wii is the D2B or whatever versions there are. I wouldn't mind doing that cheapmod thing. Its serial number is
LU50378085
Thanx. That serial wasn't listed on the sites I checked :(
O and I bought it sometime during the last of November/Beginning of December. So it should be one of the older ones. Thanks!

Ps..Wheres the help section :shock:
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

FireFoxx

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:27 pm

its an old one because the wii got released on November 22, 2007. The new version of the wii came out around april (im just guesstimating but i thinks thats when i heard the news of a new one)
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:16 am

Oo so pretty much probably the first version? Thanks. What modchip programs can I use then? I might do that cheapmod thing.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

FireFoxx

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:34 am

i dont know much about those open source mods. I myself got a wiikey and it works great.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:50 pm

I wouldn't recommend the cheap mod setup when you can just as easily put in a programmed PIC chip that works just like the commercial mods. Since your Wii is older is doesn't matter, you can only have a DMS, D2A or D2B chip, all of which are supported by current mods.

I currently use an open source mod (Well, I used Wiinja 2 code, now Wiifree) and it works fine. I wouldn't waste money on buying a 'commercial' chip when the free stuff works the same.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Ok so use one of those programmed PIC chip's (buy oen and program it myself since that seems alot cheaper then commercial ones) that support DMS, D2A or D2B? Wait so is it a good thing that I have a old Wii or bad? Because it seems I am rather limited but what do I know. I figured it'd be better to have an old Wii but yea. So what if the chip was for something other then those 3 versions you mentioned? Im guessing, don't use it. lol Thanks.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:07 am

It is good to have an old Wii... As far as I know there are no real differences between DMS, D2A, and D2B other than the encryption or whatever. I'm sure there's more detailed differences, but those don't really matter. Just recently D2C has hit the scene in I believe the UK, and current mods (which support the previous 3 versions) don't work on it... so more than likely that is going to have to be decoded like the last 3 versions for mods to work on it. So yeah, DMS, D2A, and D2B are good. There are some companies that sell pre-programmed PICs with Wiifree on them. Hell, if you decided to go that route I could send you a preprogrammed PIC for $5. Or you can do what I did and try to make your own programmer. It's not that hard and if you search around you can find directions. I put up some tutorials on here... I think the wiring diagram to make a programmer is on there.

I never moded a system until my Wii. I braved the unknown and rigged up the WABmodcheap when there were still very few people doing that... then when open source mods came out I ordered some PICs and built a programmer. I guess my Wii experience has lifted the fear of moding to me... don't know if thats a good or bad thing yet. lol.

Anyway, if you have any more questions feel free to PM me or something. If need be I can give you my email addy and we can chat through MSN messenger. Just shoot a PM.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:19 am

Alright thanks man. I'll pm you if I need help.

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U