Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:29 pm

[FireFoxx] Super Paper Mario

Super Paper Mario Review
By: FireFoxx

Storyline:
I found the game fun and the storyline is very humerous at some points. It still uses the same Mario concepts; save the world from destruction and defeat the main bad guy, along with his sidekicks. In this game you are collecting pure hearts rather then stars. You go to a new area with new enemies, scenery and challenges to keep the gameplay new and fresh in every chapter. At the end of each chapter you get a pure heart.
This game does require alot of reading (like the characters talk A LOT) The storyline gets a 6 out of 10, for having the same approach that all of the Paper Mario have had games.

Gameplay:
There are numerous changes from the original Paper Mario game and the sequel: The Thousand Year Old Door.
For starters this Paper Mario does not have system based battles anymore, making it more of a platform game rather then the tradition rpg game play of the other 2 paper mario games. There are still rpg elements in the game however, you can level up in both hitpoints and attack (maybe more later on but i just started.) Another thing that i miss from the game are badges, that is another thing that contributes to a more platform like game. There is still a "buddy system" except this time around they are called "pixels." They still serve the same purpose for giving mario extra abilities and helping him to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. The feature that i think is totally awesome in this game is the ability to switch from a 2d perspective to a 3d perspective (and vice versa) This adds a whole new factor to gameplay, it is used for solving puzzles and defeating enemies and bosses. Another cool feature in this game is that you can play as characters other then mario; you can play as peach, luigi, and bowser, each of them with their own special abilities. The game play gets an 8 out of 10.

Controls:
This game is played using the wiimote tilted on its side. The controller style works for this game, you use the D-Pad for movement, the "2" button to jump, and the "1" button to do a secondary move depending on your pixel. Another good edition to the controls is when you point the wiimote at the screen, you get information about the object or enemy that you are pointing at. If you point at yourself (Mario) you can get helpful hints on what to do next. The controls are pretty average compared to all the platform games out there, so the controls get a 7.5 out of 10.

Graphics:
The graphics are pretty much the same from the other Paper Mario games, unique. The game is completely 2d, even when you switched to the 3d view. It is hard to explain how the "3d" view looks, its not actually 3d more like another view for 2d. The thing that i liked the most graphic wise in this game is some of the stages where it shows the background actually being drawn, it looks amazing and it shows the amount of detail put into the level. I give the graphics an 8 out of 10.

Overall:
Overall i would say this game is decent, but it has the same storyline (collect objects, save the world.) The new 2d to 3d perspective change is a nice addition to the game, it adds another level of game play to it. I would say this game gets a 7.5 out of 10.
Last edited by FireFoxx on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:12 pm

i felt a little diffrent about the game. i thought that the new 2d and 3d mode is very fun to use. i would have gave it a 9.5/10. this is the best mario game i think released since mario 64. this game will have kids to adults addicted. but nice review FireFoxx. :D

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U