Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

WiiBrew Pack Generator - Tell us what you think!

<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 am

WiiBrew Pack Generator - Tell us what you think!

http://wii.brewology.com/index.php?page=newsPage&id=686

WiiBrew is proud to present the Wii Pack Generator! For those of you who aren't familiar with the concept of a Pack Generator, I'll give you a quick rundown. The Wii Pack Generator is a web based utility that allows you to select from the most recent, up to date, and high quality homebrew for your Nintendo Wii and create a custom pack. All of the homebrew you select will be added into a .zip or .exe file with the correct structure for easy, ready to go extraction onto your SD card.

Get homebrew on your Wii, the easy way! Just select what you want, download, extract to the root of your SD card, and run using the Homebrew Channel! Don't have the Homebrew channel, but have Twilight Princess? Have no fear, we've got you covered. Just download the necessary files at the top of the homebrew list, run the Twilight Hack (we've got a video tutorial if you don't know how), and the Homebrew Channel will be installed automatically for you. Ready to start downloading? Then simply click the Wii Pack Generator banner or follow the link below. Special thanks goes out to BrentBizzle for his hard work with updating and filling the Pack Generator to make all of this possible!

http://wii.brewology.com/index.php?page=newsPage&id=686
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:10 am

this will come in handy, as soon as my wii comes in
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:17 pm

I used the WiiBrew Pack Generator a week or so ago.

It is fantastic! ;) The Zelda hack couldn't have been more straightforward and the ability to now play my music and backed up video's has meant I can encode at higher resolutions (freeing me from my iPod).

To see SCUMMVM amongst the applications was very refreshing, and being able to re-use the original software for those old "point and click" games keeps the idea of "porting" a previously owned game onto a new system as opposed to "file-sharing".

All in all, the navigation of the WiiBrew Pack Gen' and the transfer to SD is easier than turning your PC off.
Reliable to boot. Great job guys!

P.S. I can't wait to start writing my own channels (thinks back to POPS for PSP)
<<

Vizard Ichigo

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:43 am

Excellent for NuBrewers

When i first saw the wii generator i was so grateful cause i did not understand how to get my sd card set up...so i just wanna give wiibrew two thumbs up...thank you wii brew for thinking of the little people
<<

punkelias

Young Brewer

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:05 pm

First of all I wanna thank you for the wiibrew pack generator is fantastic, it really simplifies everything. But I have bad news, it isn't working, at least for now, all I have when I try to download something from the generator is the same as the user above me
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:40 pm

There have already been posts about this and we are looking into the issue.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:13 am

A simple read of the packgen page would tell you...

The packgen is currently undergoing maintenance. When this message is gone and the page is back to normal the packgen will be back and ready to use. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please continue to check back!
<<

javi2828

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Tansunn wrote:The generator in /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 470

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/brewology/blocks/) in /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 473

Followed by a bunch of mostly unintelligible garbage (I can make out what file it's trying to write; this is only a small portion of it):

[quote]PK ����H¤Õ8ÈfnÎ��Ñ����private/wii/title/rzde/data.bin�@ø¿ÚH­ånoH¨P8X£¼ía‘¸Å<â †
ok
<<

wiibrewologist

Young Brewer

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 pm

okay. when is the packgen gonna be back up?? this next week and a half might be the only chance I have to hack my Wii!
*WARNING* I am not a real WiiBrewologist.
PM me so we can exchange friend codes for the Wii, and for these Wii games: Rock Band 2, GHWT, GH3, Call of Duty World At War, Animal Crossing City Folk, or Super Smash Bros Brawl

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:48 am

It's being worked on, sorry for the wait. Trust me it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Brent, your doing great over here, amazing job ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

soloreaper

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:53 am

Sad

javi2828 wrote:
Tansunn wrote:The generator in /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 470

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/brewology/blocks/) in /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 473

Followed by a bunch of mostly unintelligible garbage (I can make out what file it's trying to write; this is only a small portion of it):

[quote]PK ����H¤Õ8ÈfnÎ��Ñ����private/wii/title/rzde/data.bin�@ø¿ÚH­ånoH¨P8X£¼ía‘¸Å<â †
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:55 am

The packgen is back up. Due to it being down some applications do need to be updated, but this should be finished within the next 24 hours. Please do not ask about updates until changes have been reflected in the "recent updates" section.

Thank you for your patience and please continue to tell us what you think about the packgen!

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U