Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon (demo review)

Just got the other two, A New Beginning and Eternal Night, to the sequal. I gotta admit, they're a lot of fun compared to the PS1. Now, DotD, the gameplay blew my wine away, and I mean literally. The developers took a giant step in this game. Fly whenever, wherever (well, almost) and much action. I'd already give it a 4.5 out of 5. Game will be out next month =D

Right, to the current standings of the game. The visual view of the game is well done. The lighting and shadow effect looks impressive. The sound is very well done and give it a dramatic feel at the right time. The controls (for the Wii) is one of the most effective that I've ever seen. It isn't very confusing once you pick it up, but it'll take a little to get used to the new controls. Rumor states that it'll support the NGC controller, but I don't know if that's true, so don't ask if it is. The plot to the story is well planned and very effective. Not very confusing or hard to understand (unless you never played the previous titles of The Legend of Spyro). The replay value can be considered between mid and high. Depending on what kind of gamer you are will depend on how many times you'll play the game though. For me, I'd probably play it a lot.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

So, the overall rank that it states for right now (according from the demo), it is this:
Visual- 9.8 out of 10
Plot- 9 out of 10
Sound- 10 out of 10
Replay Value- 8 out of 10 (varies actually, but this is average by surveying)
Control- 8.9 out of 10

For those Legend of Spyro fans out there, you'll get the game anyways, doesn't really matter what I say xD. Definetely getting the game and still, it's VERY ironic that Elijah Wood is playing Spyro.

btw, I love Cynder <3
Last edited by Rippon1 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie + Fire = X3 XD
"If I was stuck on an island with only 3 things of my choice, it would be a fishing pole for fishing, a flare gun, and a survival knife. Or, I could just get a boat with some dynamite.......you know, for fishing.......yeah......."
-My friend Ryan.