homebrew games to become wii channels

<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 pm

homebrew games to become wii channels

I recently downloaded home brew and also homebrew browser i downloaded almost all apps availible on the browser i would like some help figureing out how to get the games i downloaded from the browser to become a wii channel i also have some sega emulators with roms but have no idea how to get them as a channel neither i have wad installer it says not enough memory when i do castlevania and such i have no idea how to get wad manager to work or installed i have the program but dont know what to do with it. Does anyone have any advise or short cuts to get around all this? i have load mii boot mii save game installer and extractor and install mii extract mii gecko and such like that do i have a program to use? if so how do you use them.Am i useing the wrong kind of wads to make channels.All 5 games for my emulators work on snes9x and sega master system. Thank you[/i]
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

To Convert Boot.dol or Elfs files to .Wad you need WaDit or Wadder, Personaly just search Google, "Wad Manager.wad, Snes9xGx.wad And so on..." Also, i found its better to only get certain Wads, for example, Usb Loader, And Wad manager.

Another Note You need a High CiosRev9(or above) to installed Wads and need to be at system menu 3.2, (3.4 if you do some tricky buisness)

Thanks, Alex.
Being redone
<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:44 pm

I have cios rev i think 9 whatever the newest one is but cant install it on my wii card.this is the methoud ive been usen turn on the wii go to homebrew i click on load mii program then i click a program called wad installer.dol then it reads my games in the rom folder whatever i put in it and it checks everthing and and the end says not enough memory. i think i have a good program but not sure its the only one i can get to install.my snes9gx works perfect as a emulator and it plays all the games i have but i want it off of the emulator and onto the wii hardrive just the games.kinda like when you spend wii points and buy a game and it goes straight to your wii as a channel just like the news channel and disk channel and mii channel.If i am going at this process the wrong way plz help me with step to step help im a beginer and been messing with this stuff for like 4 days non stop befor work and after.any ways i realy appreciate your help so far thank you.
Shadow's are imortal but what about us.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm

First Off, What Version of the wii do you have? E.g. 4.0E i cant fully help unless i know, And to find out the Version, Click on da system menu Thingie.

Look fot Snes9xGx.Wad in Google, then use it with Wad Manager, Tell me what Happons.
Being redone
<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:04 am

didnt know my wii was a 4.0 was looking everywere on da box and the wii console but now i know after you told me were to look i have the homebrew channel already did not do twilight hack cuz i didnt know if i had a 4.0 save time and my system in case but it is a 4.0 im trying to get a soft mod now.
<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:38 am

Okay i looked around a bit saw some easy ways to get softmod 3.4 and 3.2 but im trying to avoid twilight hack.
i do not own a copy of it.But i did get homebrew without it usen banner bomb about 3 weeks ago now is there another way to get softmod3.4 without twilight or do i have to downgrade if so how. please tell me what stuff you had to do exactly to get your version switched.im hopeing that i can some how use the banner bomb to get this done or maybe load mii?
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 am

Use the Tutorials Section, I put a guide to downgrade from a Virgin 4.0.
Being redone
<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 am

okay on your step 3 on your tutorial i downloaded 4.0NoCIOSfix.rar put it in my root of my card then i went to dvdx34 okay i clicked advanced and install on my ios but didnt do anything did not install anything now i do have the files i downloaded for wad manager 1.3 and 1.4 but cannot get them to pop up on my wii anywere at all.cant get it on load mii or boot mii or even dvdx34 how do i get this wadmanager to pop up i have the WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol in my root of my card and only things that pop up that i can use is my wad installer onder load mii and dvdx really.i think im putting my wad installer either in the wrong place or maybe i need to rename something or banner bomb something i have absolutly no idea all i know is i have the files for both versions but dont know what to do with them at all.i allso have wad it and i have the exact same prob.none of them i guess is in the right spot or im not usen something i should be.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 am

In APPs you have to rename all .Dol Filse to BOOT.Dol *not all just the actual application*
Being redone
<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

errrr. ok i renamed my wadmanager to boot.dol it is inside apps were all my brew channels are located in nothing happend i do not have internet to the wii but i am not at that point of the tutorial. do i have to rename 4.0NoCIOSfix.rar to boot.dol and put it in my apps and then do dvdx cuz i get a error on the last 2 each time i try to install a ios im clicking install on the file on the wii called ios35 but get error in the end and also with ios36 does that meen i have them already or something?but anyways the wadmanger still didnt do anything nothing poped up maybe caps on boot.dol?sorry im such a pain...........the error i get is on the dvd stub ticket and stub on installing
<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:53 pm

okay i got everthing working. wad manager pops up now and works but i have only 3 things to choose from 2 wad installers one is a elf one is a dol and 1 game for snes snes doesnt do nothing but get a error.

the nocios fix poped up in home brew but when i click it it says not a valid wii app.

the rev installer pops up i click on it ios36-64-v1042.wad reading error(ret#-1)

Wadit is up i click it it says not a valid wii app.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:32 pm

You need to do a Network installation. as for the Others, Sorry Can't Help. *As my Sig says + i hate trying on my wii, (can't use Keyboard)* Also i suggest Contact Brentbizzle *Typing From my wii can't Remember* He is a Admin on these Forums, or just waiting for a reply from someone else.

Wadit doesn't Work if you get the early Copy, Its hard to find the finish product. I suggest just Googling For the Wad Files. If you use Wad Manager Alot, i also suggest Wad Manager 1.5.wad Waninkoko as its handy and saves time.
Also Everything in my Tut works.
Being redone

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U