Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

US moving to UK - region lock

<<

region_andy

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 am

US moving to UK - region lock

Hi all - new to forums, but didn't see this topic in the search - if so, please redirect me.

I am moving from the US to the UK. I purchased my Wii in December, after which learned about region locking (introduced to gaming by Nintendo) - I have emailed Nintendo on the issue, asking them to unlock my console so I can play EU region games once I arrive. They tell me its impossible, however I know hacks exist which do just this.

Any good solution for this besides selling it and buying a new one? Same problem with my Xbox 360. Thanks!
Andy - region locked dude
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 am

yeah, just hack your wii. whats your firmware? im sure youve updated, so i think youll have to have alex help you with that.

sorry alex, i posted in the wii section- i know that makes you mad-
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm

airplanes18 wrote:yeah, just hack your wii. whats your firmware? im sure youve updated, so i think youll have to have alex help you with that.

sorry alex, i posted in the wii section- i know that makes you mad-

well as you repeatedly gave rubbish information out which most of the time someone had to solve before they got helped yea i did.
----------------------------------------------
if you get us Gecko, free app you can just get on homebrew you can play any region game with ease, on any firmware all you need is homebrew, or you can do what i do, and just get a freeloader, not 100% sure if they make them for the wii anyways,
yea basicly just get USB Gecko will work on all firmware's however if you are on 3.4/4.0/4.1 (waninkoko) you can most likely just get the channel or if you want, there is a nifty app that'll hack your wii letting you use any games or any version channels on your wii, pm me once you see this as i have school tomorrow, 4mile ride in as i have study leave, sorry i can't post it right now its just 1am.
Anyways pm me on the issues and i'll help you out.
Being redone

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U