Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wii save game file for Fifa 09

<<

Clarkey

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 am

Wii save game file for Fifa 09

Hi folks, New to the list and looking for help with a Wii 'hack'.

My young son has bought a used copy of Fifa 09, which worked OK on the seller's machine and loads OK on our Wii. However, the player-1 controller's 'A' button is ignored, so it's impossible to actually start a 1 or 2-player game. Also, the player-1 controller is needed to go online to update the game, which is probably what is needed.

I'm guessing that any online game updates are saved into the save game file(?) So, I'm wondering if loading a working save game file might get around this problem. The problem is that I can't find a FIFA 09 saved file to download via Google.

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.
Best,
Clarkey
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:55 am

Re: Wii save game file for Fifa 09

Wow! What an issue! Are you sure the controller is connected right and works fine in other games? Seems like it would have to do with the controller itself.
After looking at these links, though, it looks like it may be the game!
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-har ... -fifa.html
http://www.fixya.com/support/t1502581-f ... ing_second
Try using the red button inside the Wii-mote after it's connected.
<<

Clarkey

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks for the response and links, crait.

It's definitely not a controller hardware problem, as we can reproduce the same issue with any of three working controllers connected as player-1. We can reconnect, re-sync - whatever - and which ever controller ends up as player-1's gets its 'A' button ignored. Oh and doing a red button resync with the game running? That brings up the screen stating there is a controller connection error - and to get out of that, which button do you need to press... ;-)

Yes there have been some issues noted with the game but this specific problem seems to be unique - I can't find a duplicate via Google. I don't think it's a bad disk, as it worked in the previous owner's Wii for years and it loads OK and goes through the various set-up pages using the player-2 remote. It's just that you can't play single player or online with the player-2 remote and for 2-player mode, you need to click the A button on the player-1 remote to finalise team selection.

I suspect that there have been online updates to both the game and the Wii firmware and now, the original game is flakey on the current Wii firmware. That's why I think loading someone else's save game file might help, (if it also holds the game's online updates).
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:29 am

Well, if that's the case, I can't find any updates for the game. Sorry. :[
Maybe you could e-mail them directly? http://support.ea.com/
<<

redley112