Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

PS3 file structure? Or How to back up save files online?

<<

Moloch

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:08 pm

PS3 file structure? Or How to back up save files online?

Here's the trouble: all the usb ports on my ps3 stopped working all at once. I have no idea how it happened cause I had never even used most of them. Either way they are useless now. I need to get my system replaced but I wanted to back up my save files first.

The problem being, I have no way to move the files off the ps3. Is there any way I could back them up online? I've been to those online storage sites but I cant browse the ps3, I would have to enter the destination manually. Anyone have any idea how I could do it? Or any other way that I could get those save files off the hard drive?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:30 pm

I am not certain. I will endeavor to guess that you could take the hard drive out and mount it to your computer to browse to the game saves. I am not sure of technical difficulties with this or even if it is possible but maybe someone else here will know. Sorry I can't be more help but I have no idea really.

What were yo doing when thee USB's quit working? Did you just do an update?
<<

Moloch

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:35 pm

I hadnt done nothin' honest!

Actually it wasnt after an update or anything like that. It just stopped working one day. I have an 8 year old daughter who may be to blame, but even she would be hard pressed to have destroyed them all at the same time. She's pretty good at taking care of electronics.

Return to PS3 Help