Damaged PS3

<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:27 pm

well, if youve opened it now (bad idea) then check the MOBO and see if anything seems loose or damaged. maybe your HDD is bad, try replacing it or trying a new one.

there is this thing at best buy (worst buy) that lets you read a Laptop HDD from this little container. and "external enclosure" id say use one to see if the HDD is still accessible, but first try a new HDD.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:47 pm

It seems that in your rage you've loosened a heatsink and it's becoming overheated. My recommendation based on what you've said, if you have the technical know how, is to remove any heatsinks and apply new thermal paste and then re-fasten them back on. If that's not it, I'm not too sure, but it seems like it might be what needs to be done.

Welcome to the forum, both of the new posters. Terica012, normally you should make your own help thread, but it's ok. Regarding your distortion when viewing video files, you are correct in assuming that you need a converter, but I'm unsure of any for Mac that would be good choices as I am unfamiliar with Mac software, however, you may be able to use a web-based converter from a website. I know some members here use them but again, since I don't use those, I can't really guide you to one. Just make sure that you can output to the proper resolution of your 61" screen. I'm assuming it's probably 1920x1080 resolution or something, so make sure to account for this when converting video or else you may expect distortion like you are currently experiencing.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:50 pm

terica012 wrote:I needed to know how to do something with my particular arrangement.
My configuration is i have a new Imac, and I have alot of movies in avi. format that I want to burn on a DVD and be able to play on my PS3 as that is all I use to watch movies. And I doubt that I can just burn that avi to a DVD and boom it works. So I need to know what I need to convert them to, and what is the best program to convert them (doesn't have to be free software either, just the best because it will be watched on a 61" tv, so I need quality to be awesome cause otherwise it will stretch and distort).
And how to burn them with what program for them to work on my PS3.
Thanks for any help.

well if it plays in itunes, then use itunes to burn. if not, i tunes converts to Mp4, and it should work then.

also, try directly placing the avi onto your PS3. i have the dark knight and it works well
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah I completely forgot that iTunes should be able to help you with converting to the appropriate format. Let us know how it goes.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

chyegye

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm

nice info guys, as for welchracing3, that happened to me once with ninja gaiden sigma 2.. what i did was clear up my game data cache of data that im not using anymore, killed the info bar, if you have media sharing on that usually conflicts with the gameplay if frozen during ogp.. jus shut that off as well, once thats done you should be alright... note that i rebooted my system hen i make changes & delete multiple files... idk if that really makes a difference jus feels like a fresh start to me.... let me know how it goes

Return to PS3 Help