<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Enable your ps3 to run homebrew via PSfreedom

Ok as you all probably know by now the ps3 has officially been "hacked". Some of the new brew members might be having a little trouble figuring out how to do this. So i have taken it upon myself to write a little informative pamphlet on how to do it.

What you'll need.

A PS3 with firmware 3.41 (No other firmwares will currently do the job.)

One of the following from this list. http://psfreedom.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... ility_list

Notice the ones highlighted in green and say completed. These are the devices capable of "jailbreaking,modding,unlocking,rooting" the PS3. Each and every device is different. They all require different files and different methods in order to do the same exact thing. which is run the exploit on the ps3's start up.

Select your device on the wiki. Follow the process prescribed.

Most of you probably already know this stuff I'm sure. I wasn't sure if anyone else had posted the device compatibility list yet though so I figured I'd link to it.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Enable your ps3 to run homebrew via PSfreedom

Wow, thanks! I saw a link talking about running any PS3 game over RemotePlay! I'll try to find that link, again.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Enable your ps3 to run homebrew via PSfreedom

They're talking about the exploit possibly working on ps3's between firmware 2.01 to 3.41 now.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss

Return to PS3 Help