<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:54 pm

My Playstation Move Impressions

So I've had a couple of solid days experience messing with the PS Move and although I haven't played many games I figure I'd give my impressions so far.

The game that comes with the PS Move pack is Sports Champions (Essentially the Move's version of Wii Sports). Although the game listing looks a little lacking on the outside, Sports Champions is a decent compilation. It includes:

Disc Golf
Gladiators
Volleyball
Table Tennis
Archery
Bocce

Disc Golf was surprisingly good, it's essentially just golf but you throw frisbees to the goal. I have played it the most out of all the games, and its an excellent game to pick up and play.

Before getting the Move, Gladiators was one of my most looked forward to title. This title can either be played with 1 or 2 Move controllers - one for the weapon and one for the shield. With one controller, you simply hold down the trigger button to use the shield. The precision is excellent and the gameplay was well balanced.

Volleyball is ok but it's gameplay is probably lacking the most out of all of the games. It has a few pre-set motion actions and not a whole lot of substance.

Table Tennis is another game I really looked forward to. The eye camera follows the Move controller 1-1 across the screen. It is much much more advanced than the Wii's Tennis game imo. With Wii tennis you can just flick anywhere and you can hit the ball, but with the Move you have to move the controller across the screen to hit the ball and you can hit the ball with any part of the paddle - front, back, and side. It's not tennis without being able to do backhand hits! But with the increased advancement comes difficult and I have a problem with hitting the ball too hard and it goes over the table. It definitely takes some getting used to. The CPU get's amazingly tough in the later matches.

There isn't much to Archery, it is just a simple archery simulator that can be played with 1 or 2 remotes to. You pull the arrows out of your quiver just like you would in real life - by reaching behind your head and pulling it out. By looking at some gameplay videos, it looks like this game would be much better with 2 Move controllers.

Lastly there is Bocce ball, it is pretty fun and there isn't much too it. But it may get old fast.

I wish Sports Champions included games like Golf and Baseball but Gladiators and Disc Golf are nice substitutions. Overall it is much more accurate and realistic feeling than the Wii's controls but still the Move is not yet worth the price with the current game lineup (as expected, it was just released).
But I'm very interesting in an upcoming game called Sorcery. There are also some older games that have been fixed to work with Move like Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, and MAG. Heavy Rain with Move will be AMAZING! LittleBigPlanet 2, Heroes On The Move, Socom 4, and Killzone 3 are all being made with Move in mind as well.

I guess I'd rate the game a 7.7, it's nothing special but is a great game to play with friends and I am a little saddened by the lack of online multiplayer. (Perhaps they will add it in Sport Champions Resort! :P) I'll try out Heavy Rain with move tomorrow probably so I'll give my impressions of it later.
Here's a video review to see the game in action.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: My Playstation Move Impressions

Great review!! :D Which is your favorite after playing all of them? I think the gladiator game would be the best. :)
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 pm

AWESOME review! Now I kinda want to go out and get it so I can try it out...
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:19 pm

After getting more time in Disc Golf is my favorite, then Gladiators and Table Tennis are close. But Gladiators will probably be more long lasting.

I also tried out Heavy Rain with the Move and it is pretty sweet, once you figure out the motions and get used to the feel it is awesome. You are constantly waving your hands around trying to follow the motions and I can see it getting very intense in some of the long battles that are in the game, but the Move will make some parts so much more difficult with tedious acts like crawling through electrical and barbed wire fences as well as moving on ledges. I highly recommend using the Move to play Heavy Rain if you ever play it.

Return to PlayStation 3