Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:39 pm

ace wrote:We choose what we want to decide about our inception (obviously) but since God is outside of time in a sense, he knows what we decide to choose. Just because he knows what we decide to choose doesn't mean he decides for us.

It never occurred to me that God would choose anything for us. I just looked at it as destiny where the outcome of our lives is chosen before we are even born. If that is the case then we really don't have a choice at all.

If free will exists then destiny would be ruined all the time. Free will destroys the concept of destiny because people and their seemingly random will would constantly ruin the outcome or "grand plan" whatever it may be.

So if Destiny is hogwash then how could we have prophecy?

If Destiny were a book then prophecy would be the ability to skip forward a chapter or two then go back to where you left off.

You can't have free will and destiny together at once. We can only believe we have free will or realize that there can be no destiny and thus no prophecy.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 am

God is like a bag of Peanuts, sometimes he is nice and salty, sometimes he is bad and Evil Tasting and rotten :-)
tbh i believe in wall people, Roof-muns are even worse, one day wee will all die! PANIC!
Being redone
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Symbols of Eternal Life

Evolution doesn't just happen in animals

Ankh- Egyptian symbol of eternal life. circa 1991BC

Cross-Christian symbol of eternal life circa 590AD
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Supposedly the elite created all religions so their would be conflict between all of humanity. Take anyway all religions hmm I wonder what would happen?
ImageImage
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

I would not credit the Elite with creating all religions so they could sow conflict.

Look at the recent war in Iraq. The war in Iraq had nothing to do with religion, hell it had nothing to do with 9/11 Bush said so.

However Religion is a good excuse to go to war. But the only purpose religion serves is to give hope to the hopeless and explain in elementary ways the unexplainable.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: Official Religion Debate Thread

Well, it's July. Where is Q? I'm sure he has some delightful things to say about this. Perhaps he's still getting it together.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 am

The Jesus Donkey show.

Without further ado, here is the post for Cancer the crab.

Some background.

I used to think the symbols for Cancer ♋ and Pisces ♓ had been swapped because the former resembles two fish just like the latter resembles a crab(to me). Well I still don't know why the symbol for fish looks like a crab when a crab is a bug but the reason the symbol for Cancer looks like two fish is because the symbol actually represents two stars within the constellation; Asellus Borealis Latin for "northern donkey colt and Asellus Australis which in Latin means "southern donkey colt". That is why the symbol for Cancer looks like a 69 on its side.

In the New Testament it is stated that Jesus rode on a donkey and a colt simultaneously. While this is not physically impossible it certainly is not a practical.

Mathew 21:6 "The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them."

This took place to fulfill prophecy:
Mathew 21:5 "Say to the Daughter of Zion, see your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."

That's right ladies and gentlemen, it states that he rode them both at once!

The passage seems to makes more sense to me from an astronomical point of view when you realize that this month the sun(represented by Jesus) rises over the northern and southern donkey colt stars in the constellation of Cancer.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 pm

So, what are we debating on now? I could debate more and more on Islam but its rarely brought up here... if anyone has any questions though, I'd be glad to answer them...
-Formerly DCM
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:12 am

~THE SZK~ wrote:I could debate more and more on Islam but its rarely brought up here...

That's because when referring to Islam, if you say anything bad about the prophet or god they come and find you.

As far as I am concerned Islam is just another branch of Judaism which is ironic when you think about it.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:04 pm

no they don't... those people are f**king idiots who are basically hypocrites as they don't know Islam teaches... in Islam terrorism is completely forbidden, unless the other place attacks, you can't kill a person in war because of something personal, and if they want peace, then you take them to a safe place, thats what Islam teaches.... and no it isn't a branch of Judaism, thats just what it looks like to you
-Formerly DCM
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:38 pm

@ SZK

I wasn't referring to "terrorist". The "terrorist" I have read about weren't pious people to begin with, you can tell by the way they carry themselves but, that's for another thread.

I don't consider Ayatollah Khomeini a terrorist and neither does the CIA(they put him into power). Khomeini was the Supreme Leader of Iran and a Shi'a Muslim scholar. In 1989 he issued a fatwa calling on all good Muslims to kill Salman Rushdie and his publishers over the book Satanic Verses. Read about that here .

As for Islam being a branch of Judaism, absolutely it is so. Islam incorporates Jewish history as part of its own but Islam is young by comparison, only 1300 years old. Moses is mentioned in the Koran more than anyone else because Islam was intended to be a return to that style of Jewish worship, in other words a strict interpretation of holy scripture and an unwavering unambiguous dedication to god. Fact is that you can't have Islam without many of the people mentioned in the Torah (the Jewish bible) Even Jesus is mentioned in the Koran. At his crucifixion he was labeled "King of the Jews" but is considered a prophet under Islam. That fact alone only further supports my statement and refutes yours about the two being related.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:45 am

ok, so let me get just explain this, Shia is another cast of Islam... I'm from the Sunni part.... I basically think they are wrong... they believe that Ali (a companion of the prophet) (RA) should have been the Prophet... And the Shahdah, what you testify to become a muslim is "There is No one worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) is His messenger." So how can you believe God is Almighty but believe he did wrong? that is just stupid... Also, the second pillar of Islam, is Salah, they don't Pray he way you are supposed (the way the Prophet did, or the way God told us to), which once again separates them from Islam...

also, if you take it that way, then Judaism would be a part of Islam... and not the opposite... they believe that Moses was the last Prophet, but we don't.... and there is a war going on for that, they also have a corrupted version of the Torah... they also believe that they are the best and more stuff, I can debate, but I am just 13 and wouldn't want to go on and provide wrong information especially when it comes to stuff like this....
-Formerly DCM
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:00 am

We are currently in the constellation Leo. Leo is represented by the lion. In ancient Egypt the lions were found Near the edges of the desert It was also the Egyptian lion-god Aker who guarded the gateway to the netherworld Which is synonymous with underworld.

For those that don't know the underworld is a region which is thought to be under the surface of the earth, it could be a place where the souls of the recently departed go, and, in some traditions, it is identified with Hell.

Jesus went into the desert and was tempted by the Devil. Matthew and Luke 4.

What's this got to do with lions?

Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

CU next month.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Is Atheism A Religion?

I was just wondering what you guys thought about this subject. There's been a long-time running thread on another forum that I'm on over the same subject, and I want some more opinions. :)
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:35 am

Re: Is Atheism A Religion?

I think Atheism is just a belief and not a religion... what are they going to teach, "Hello, we do not believe in God, goodbye!"
-Formerly DCM
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat