<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:51 am

Whats your problems right now?

The purpose of this topic is so people can post their problems and people from around the forum can give advice :D this could be a good idea or a bad one.
NOONE IS ALOUD TO MAKE FUN OF ANYONES PROBLEMS, YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED BY A ADMIN

Anyways, my problems are this girl who I love deeply, but she lives a hour and half car ride away :cry:
<<

Jin_22

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Whats your problems right now?

Anyways, my problems are this girl who I love deeply, but she lives a hour and half car ride away :cry:[/quote]

If you do not take the chance how will you know if its true love! My wife and i were about the same distance away from each other when we first dated. We actually met online first. We were an hour and 10 mins away from eachother, and that's in no traffic. We saw each other two weekends a month, i'd pack my bags and she would drive from her house to pick me up friday then go back to her house for the whole weekend and take me back home on sunday. I took that chance and now we are 1 year married, together 4 years total. I am glad i took that leap, I am as happy as can be! :D

P.S.
If you are wondering why i did not drive to her place is because my car was a clunker, it would overheat real quick.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 pm

College. My parents were telling me that they weren't going to let me go even though it wouldn't cost them a single dime.
I finally talked them into it, and it seems there was an error when I was applying for housing and they never got my application and just my money. Wow...
So, I don't know where I'm going to live when I go in.... 6 days?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:32 pm

crait wrote:College.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 pm

TheOriginalToxxy wrote:Anyways, my problems are this girl who I love deeply, but she lives a hour and half car ride away :cry:

90 minute ride isn't too bad, and it will work if you find a way. My cousin is taking 3 buses every fri and mon so he can go get to his girlfriend's house that's over an hour away. If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. Question is, does she want you bad enough? It takes sacrifice to get involved in a long distance relationship. Sometimes you jump into one and it turns out to not be worth it. Sometimes it is like Jin_22 mentioned. Personally I'm in a long distance relationship, except my girlfriend is a 15 hr flight away (not counting layovers). It's definitely worth it though because we've already been together for over 2 years and I see us getting married in the next 2-3 years. Just keep in mind though, you can't be doing all the sacrificing. If she's not pulling her weight, it's not worth it.

crait wrote:So, I don't know where I'm going to live when I go in.... 6 days?

You're telling me your university doesn't have space for 1 person in their housing? I find that hard to believe. Contact the housing office and ask to speak to someone higher up. If that doesn't work, contact the dean. There's ALWAYS room available. They may have to take someone's double room away, but so be it. You can always look for off campus housing. Financial aid doesn't have to go directly back to the school. You can use the money for an apartment and food. Living off campus is way cheaper, especially if you have roommates.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm programming a console based Pokemon game and I spent hours trying to implement the correct damage formula and I finally got it. So.. it isn't a problem anymore :P.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 pm

I asked my brother to buy me a camera from London (ebay), it is red... He bought it, and he says it looks Pink :shock: :shock: :x :x :( :( :cry: :cry:
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 am

brentbizzle wrote:
crait wrote:So, I don't know where I'm going to live when I go in.... 6 days?

You're telling me your university doesn't have space for 1 person in their housing? I find that hard to believe. Contact the housing office and ask to speak to someone higher up. If that doesn't work, contact the dean. There's ALWAYS room available. They may have to take someone's double room away, but so be it. You can always look for off campus housing. Financial aid doesn't have to go directly back to the school. You can use the money for an apartment and food. Living off campus is way cheaper, especially if you have roommates.

Exactly what I'm thinking about right now. I paid way in advance so if they can't place me somewhere immediately, then they need to place me first on the waiting list.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 pm

AdventWolf wrote:I'm programming a console based Pokemon game and I spent hours trying to implement the correct damage formula and I finally got it. So.. it isn't a problem anymore :P.

Please explain this project to me.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 pm

By console-based I meant command console, not video game console - just to clear that up.
There are no graphics yet, lol. It is just text based.

Basically it is just a small Pokemon game written in c++ and based on the 1st and 2nd generations with just the first 151 Pokemon. So far it's got most of the main music and I have most of the basic template made for the standard game, and I just need to add the rest of the Pokemon and the skills. Though this last week I haven't done much.

I'm just doing it to refine my skills and get more experience. Since starting it, I have learned so much and making other programs that I would have had trouble with before will be a breeze now.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:12 pm

I still want to try it out.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:17 am

AdventWolf wrote:I'm programming a console based Pokemon game and I spent hours trying to implement the correct damage formula and I finally got it. So.. it isn't a problem anymore :P.

Is crait on board with this?
BOOM! =D>
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Nah. I have another PC-based project that I'm working on. BOOM. It's a secret that I'll talk about in due time.

In due time...
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:49 pm

crait, I honestly never know what happens to your stuff, I remember that chicken program (app with a chicken icon), I have no idea what happened to that... and then that lock...
-Formerly DCM
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Alright I'll go ahead clean it up a little and upload it and pm it to you to try.
It still has several bugs that I've got to ink out but if you see anything strange just let me know and I'll take a look at it.

If anyone else wants to take a look at it just pm me.

@DCM, he had a pretty cool psp fan program to keep you and your psp cool :lol:
Next

Return to General Chat