BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: I Have A Few Options For A New Console

que13x wrote:I have to make some corrections.

The slim 360 comes with a 250 meg hard drive and it can only write 4 gigs from media such as thumbdrives. This is by design and is intended to prevent piracy and circumvention measures.

As for the slim not being able to run Reach that is bull. There are Reach theme slim consoles out there the slim is completely compatible with Reach. The source of this rumor is here like I stated the 360 comes with a 250gb drive not a 4gb drive. As for not being able to run Reach, I know it's a rumor because I verified that Reach runs on a slim today. I think what they mean to say is that if you are running the game from a 3rd party accessory it may not run. This is Micro$oft doing what it does best. Only hackers will have this issue IMO and not legitimate console users.

But hey, Enjoy your PS3; for me there are 3x more games I would rather play on 360 but like I said that's just me.

rofl at Que not knowing theres a 250GB version and a 4GB version :lol:
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm

No I didn't now they sold bare bones slims.

It isn't like they come with a 4GB hard drive, no one makes those anymore.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 pm

que13x wrote:It isn't like they come with a 4GB hard drive, no one makes those anymore.

Well that is the whole point of the argument to begin with... It's 4gb internal and not a hd thats why you can't play halo reach co-op online with a 4gb xbox s out of the box.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:49 pm

I think the point that is being missed here is that you need to have an "official" Micro$oft certified hard drive to play the multiplayer game not the campaign as I understand it.

I don't have a 4 gig memory card but if I did I would try out Reach and see if it would run on my classic. I doubt it would but I really don't know.

I do know that Micro$oft did suffer a class action suit for disabling 3rd party support for "memory devices" They just want to corner the market that's what they do.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:19 am

Well they already updated it so that you can once again use 3rd party memory devices but only up to 16gb, and also you can still use hacked WD hard drives but currently only utilize 250gb of it since that's the highest m$ certified hd out.

Also, I already linked you the joystiq article about it, go read it! >.< You can play multiplayer and everything else without a hard drive, you just can't play co-op and they are working on an update to fix it. Go read the various articles and M$ comment on the matter if you still think otherwise.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:03 am

That's another thing when you say co-op I include that as multiplayer. I make no distinction between the two. I see the technical differences but that's just how I see it.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 am

You don't know why people are mad?? People are mad because they are limiting you to what you can use. You must buy something from them even though what they're making you buy from them isn't their sole property. They don't have patents on the hard drive. You can technically hook up other hard drives, but they want you to be forced into buying their own. They are setting up a monopoly-like restriction on the customer.
It's like getting a PSP and having to use the official PSP charger that costs $3,000 even though all other chargers of the same voltage and same size would work.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:08 pm

que13x wrote:That's another thing when you say co-op I include that as multiplayer. I make no distinction between the two. I see the technical differences but that's just how I see it.

Whatever dude, I'm just telling you the technical facts.

Besides, co-op is the campaign. Like crait said, you can't play co-op campaign for halo reach on an xbox without a hard drive. That's why people are mad. They're turning into Apple.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's get something straight...
Apple = Releasing the same product and marketing it as something new and improved.
Microsoft = Releasing something that has very little features and requires you to buy each individual upgrade.
Both milk you, and both are bad, but they are also different.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 am

I think he was talking about people turning into apple (theannoyingorange). :P (j.k)
-Formerly DCM
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 am

Haha, Yea I guess Apple is a little more lenient than what M$ is becoming. I was just referring to the variety of products you can buy when it comes to Apple computers and PC's :p

They've become so strict though with the xbox, for instance they wouldn't even let Sqaure Enix make FFXIV for it :( Forgot the exact reasons but it had to do with mostly their strict rules when it comes to xbox live. Also they force companies to charge for a certain amount of dlc and they have to have a certain amount of achievements, stuff like that.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 am

I hate achievements. Period.
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 pm

crait wrote:I hate achievements. Period.

if you plan on getting a new system for other than collecting dust, get a 360. if you're not going to play online, just mod it.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:29 pm

That's a big perk of getting a 360, thanks. :)
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, with the ps3 jalibroken and the scene blossoming, the ps3 i think would be a better investment.

Give it time, and I'm sure we're going to see some KILLER homebrew. There's so much power inside the ps3, I'm sure there will eventually be an awesome media center, much like xbmc. Plus with the blueray drive, it will be an all-in-one machine.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat