Study files disappeared

<<

Quovino

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:27 am

Study files disappeared

So my professor gave us all a copy of his lectures as a text file (the ones you open with a regular Notepad). I was working on condensing them to study before exams, but my computer crashed with the file still open and it's now unreadable. Can I recover it or should I message my professor? I'd like to avoid it.
<<

Noregeni

Young Brewer

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:44 am

Re: Study files disappeared

Are you afraid of your professor or what? I reckon the file should still be recoverable if you find the software that works.
<<

Bricami

Young Brewer

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:01 pm

When a file is opened on your computer, it's being loaded into the RAM, so it does indeed corrupt in case an unexpected shutdown happens. To get your notes back, you'll have to read a guide on how to recover notepad file on Windows 10, it should cover all the basics. Hopefully you'll be able to get back to studying as quick as possible.
<<

PeterPalmer

Brewer
Brewer

Post Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:30 am

Hello. Have you ever experienced flash drive recovery on macOS? What programs should be used?
<<

TheodoreHill

Brewer
Brewer

Post Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:34 pm

It's very important to follow the macOS flash drive recovery tips and stop using your device as soon as you think you may have lost some data. Do not write new information to the USB drive until you have completed the restore. Once your precious data is overwritten, it will most likely be gone forever, unless you have backed it up. Good luck and hope you can recover your data.

Return to General Chat