Newbie Brewer Looking 4 Love

<<

Unicornelius

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:29 am

Newbie Brewer Looking 4 Love

Hello,

I have been browsing these forums religiously on the weekends for a couple months. And through the good nature of the users here, I have been able to find out what I needed to know to brew-enable my psp.

Now I'm running the current m33 firmware :twisted: You guys rock.

I have looked through most of the more prominent tutorials, but I still feel kind of lost. I have successfully installed iRshell and a few other things. But I am still confused on alot of the more basic nuances of the psp.

If anyone is willing to struggle through explaining a couple of things. I would be eternally greatful.

I like to think I am slightly computer literate, so hopefully It won't be too frustrating.

Ultimately. I look forward to becoming an active member of this community.

-A little personal info. I am 19, I am going to school to become a diesel tech. I live in Utah. I only really have access to my pc on the weekends. I am an avid WoW player, but I get a good 5 days of time with just my psp to keep me company, so homebrewing it means quite a bit to me.

:D
Hai im new, I herd tubgirl was a gud homebrew site?
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:59 am

What do you need help with?
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Unicornelius

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:36 am

mostly i'm confused by the way the game folders work. I have read a little about the idea that in 1.5 you just have the "game%" and "game" folders in order to make things run. I know that some homebrew is created to run like this. but in CFW like m33 couldn't you potentially just have a folder?

I guess the general way that the psp handles programs is confusing. I know that I can drop a program in my game folder. But I don't understand how or why it works. And ultimately why it might not work if I install it wrong.

Is there a good place to read about the nature and history of psp homebrew?

I remember seeing a timeline of how they got different exploits to work to enable homebrew as sony released their updates. I'm going to try and find that, hopefully it will help me piece things together.

Do you have any recommendations as to good "homebrew" games. not emulators but games themselves. There are a ton out there, and I don't know where to start.

I was messing with the smashgpsp game, (i'm a sucker for super smash brothers) but I couldn't get any of the custom characters to run. I had the basic with mario and luigi going. But given how old the game is, some of the links and support info is outdated.

your help is appreciated.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:16 am

Here is a quick break down of 1.50 Homebrew:

1.50 Homebrew Runs on the 1.50 Kernel.
You can use the kernel two ways;
A. You can enable 1.50 game mode in the recovery menu(Meaning that any Homebrew in the "GAME" folder will be run under the 1.50 Kernel)

B. You can place homebrew in the "GAME150" folder(X:/PSP/GAME150 If the GAME150 folder isn't there create it)

1.50 Kernel apps don't always have two folders but usually do.
There are also variations of the two folder method such as one that has the "%" before the actual text.

As far as games go stick with emulators, you'll be happy.
If you want to play Super Smash Bros. Obtain the latest build of Daedalus(R13) and a rom of Super Smash Bros.(Rom links on my website) It runs in full speed now.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Actually, R12 runs most games better, plus all of the characters have messed up textures and sprite graphics show improperly in all versions. But I'm rambling; welcome, new user! Hope you enjoy the world of brew!
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

Unicornelius

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:12 pm

thanks a bunch.

I had tried to run super smash bros. in daedalus before I found smashgpsp.

I don't know if i'm configuring it wrong. but I get to the "press start" screen. and then it craps out to a black screen. i'll try redownloading daedalus

**a reinstall lets me play. but it has a slow framerate. :D

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!