<<

Cloudmars

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 01, 2008 1:58 pm

I'm back everyone

hey everyone sorry i been gone so long.. I have been in and out of the hospital got diagnosed with (ALL) Acute Lymphatic Leukemi is a fast-growing type of leukemia (blood cancer) in which too many lymphoblasts (immature white blood cells) are found in the blood and bone marrow. Also called ALL and acute lymphocytic leukemia.. i'm currently going through chemo theropy. and i must say it has changed me alot.. not only of how i live and cope with my disability but as well as the positive things it has bring me to realize that it isn't really a disablity to me. ore like a challange set for me to over come. i have 3 and a half years of treatment i was diagnosed with (ALL) on the 25th of March. By the end of April i reached 100% remission of leukemia cells. a few days later i had a blood clot in my brain because of some shots i had about a month ago and i had a stroke followed by a seisure. i lost the use of the right side of my body but i am gradualy gaining it back thanks to physical therophy. I know cancer is getting common and more common everyday.. but together we can all help find a cure. its hard to see these kids up here in pain going through so much and keep fighting to breath the air they breath because of the care of people. I am signed up with a program with cooks childrens hospital like test subject letting them use a process of tests proven many times to put you in remission and stay that way. If you want to keep up-to-date on my treatment you may register at www.carepages.com and create an account log in to your account then there should be a box that says Enter "CarePage Name" in that box enter "MissionMarcus" hope to hear from you guys soon. :-&
Last edited by Cloudmars on Thu May 01, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu May 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Ah well good luck to you. Nice to have you back so where are you at now?
<<

Cloudmars

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu May 01, 2008 7:34 pm

right now i'm at cook childrens hospital. if all gos well i will be going home tomorrow. i can tell u one thing chemo the treatment is the hardest thing to go through
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sat May 03, 2008 12:29 am

No apology is needed at all. I'm happy to hear that you'll be going home soon. I hope you're doing much better and enjoy the time at home. I think that you'll find that there's no place more comfortable than your own bed. All the best.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat May 03, 2008 5:51 am

Wow congratulations on the recovery. I hope you have a great life, that must've been hard to go through. I'll keep you in my prayers ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:03 am

damn it takes a strong person to go through that stuff specially if your young

Congrats, so its gone forever right?
<<

Cloudmars

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:19 am

thanks all

I appreciate all the support. i must say its the hardest thing i have ever been facing.. mixed with that stomach virus thats been going around beware of the c-def virus everyone.. or know as Clostridium Difficile it is all on the news gives u vomiting and diarrhea.. u can get it from keyboards doorknobs, lightswitches, airborne,public toilet seats even from the bottom of your shoe.. keep your house clean and ur body clean and keep ur psp clean and u won't get it more than likely. c-def dehydrates your body daining proteins and sodium as well as potassium from your body making you lose weight fast (which the first 3 days of having i went from the weight of 154lbs to 125lbs.. it is a viral bacterial infection which means it will have to run its course.. it starts out from vomiting then to diarrhea or both at the same time.. you lose your appetite and your thirst to drink anything. the most important thing to do is keep your fluids up drink plenty of water even if your not thirsty.. or u will dehydrate from it.. eat foods that are boring and like crackers, dry cereal, soups are a very good source of stuff the body needs to regain both the sodium and proteins the body needs to keep hydrated. chew your foods good and your stool will come out and not burn as much. :arrow: just a tip i went through it all and it sucks... if i was to catch a common cold from someone it would be like pneumonia because i only have 3 white blood cells cuz the chemo.

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!