Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

New and trying to learn the important stuff.

<<

rah-digga

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 15, 2008 12:05 pm

New and trying to learn the important stuff.

Ok, so my PSP has never been more to me than just a gaming system for GTA Liberty City Stories. But after getting a PS3 and then discovering the GPS feature I found out that the PSP can offer so much more. And I'd like to know what mine can do for me. Ultimately, I want to get the GPS device I have to work on my PSP (it's a Fat I believe. First generation that came out about 4 years ago).

First question is:

What's a Pandora Battery and can I convert my battery to it or do I need to buy one separately?

Also, just to give you some detail, my firmware is not custom and is updated to 3.95. I don't want to upgrade it anymore because I want to get the GPS device to work (so if you know how to get it to work on that Sony firmware, I'd appreciate your help in that as well.)

Thanks.
"I made him smile though his eyes said pray for me; I'll do you one better and slay these niggas faithfully."
<<

Salzgablah

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:58 pm

Hey there, new to the homebrew sceen also, but the guys here know their stuff. Look at http://pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7155 and it has all the tutorials on there for you to browse. I bought my psp phat a few weeks back, and hardmodded a battery to be a pandora battery, but i had to buy another one to replace it since you cant use a pandora for actually using your psp. The act of downgrading is very simple, and everyone here will help if you have more questions.

here is the link to the method i used on my phat psp. http://pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
Phat 3.71->pandora 1.50->3.90 m33 (Sold on Ebay, suckers)
Slim 3.71->semi-brick->Nand Recovery->DCv3->3.71->3.80 m33-2->3.90 m33-3->4.01 m33-2
Want cintro for 4.01 m33? get cintro_390and Autostart_V4.zip, just follow the readme.

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!