Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Sure has been a long time

<<

MailasB

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Sure has been a long time

Let's see the last time I was on here was around 2007? So it's been just under 12 years.

As many of you know, I was one of the original members on this board back when I was still in elementary school. Through the years I had been growing up with other members, posting about homebrew, emulation for the PSP, taking jabs at QJ.net, etc. It was a huge revolution for the gaming community, being able to bring such amazing games with you on the go and it was incredibly fun to come on here and talk with people about it on the boards.

There's so much I do not remember at all but I do remember one incredibly important time where I behaved irrationally. I eventually made my way up to becoming an Admin on the boards. At that time I and some others were not pleased with the current administration (for reasons I cannot even begin to try to remember) so I deleted the boards and caused a huge stir. What ever issues I and others had with the way things were done on Brew before this happened, does not compare to what I did.

I caused such a huge amount of work for Nik to repair what I had done, and I felt so incredibly disgusted and ashamed with myself I left the boards and never came back.

Well I'm here 12 years later and I see that the boards are still up and that some of the old members come by from time to time. I am of course truly sorry for what I had done. I can't take it back and have no excuses for the way I behaved, other than I was an immature kid just starting high school. Kids do stupid things, and will continue to do stupid things throughout every new generation. Hell, just remembering some of my older posts, I had more grammar errors than I could count.

I've matured a lot since then, and I'm a completely different person now. I'm not here to ask for forgiveness or to seek sympathy, but more just to show that people can change and just to let people know I am incredibly sorry for the way I ended my time here on PSPBrew. I let so many people down who I had come to know over the years on the forums who considered myself as a friend.

I fully expect people will still be angry with me, and I won't argue against it. I do hope there are no hard feelings after all these years. In the case that monkeymaximus doesn't mind me coming back and posting this thread, I am curious how everyone else is doing.

I hope everyone is doing better since the last time we all talked. I enjoyed my time with many here on PSPBrew and Nik and others did an outstanding job throughout its prime years supporting and developing it further.

Mailas

For this message the author MailasB has received thanks: 3
airplanes18, DarkPacMan77, monkeymaximus
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 am

Re: Sure has been a long time

Hey Mailas, glad to hear that you're doing well!

My memory is hazy but if I remember correctly you weren't alone, I too played a part in taking down the site. I have no memory why or what motivated me, but I understand what it's like to facepalm at the thought of yourself 12 years ago.

My last act before leaving wasn't appropriate. In fact, my behavior and language I used on this forum from time to time was offensive, rude, and/or unnecessary. If I could take it all back I would, but I can't. So the best I can do is apologize.

I am really, really sorry. This community gave me more than I deserved and I'm grateful for it. I learned about modding Xboxes, PSPs, graphic design, building networks, participating in online communities, and so much more fun tech stuff.

I took that knowledge forward and built upon it in college, grad school, and eventually built a comfortable career with it. Old me was a moron. Adulthood (and going through my old posts here) has a way of showing me that.

Glad to see this site still up and kicking. I hope everyone I interacted with day-to-day back then is doing well. While we can't really get together on AIM or MSN messenger anymore because they don't exist anymore, maybe we can get into a slack chatroom again and catch up.

All the best!

P.S. Also, sorry for changing my name on this forum like 30 times.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Wow, Mailas, I haven’t seen that name in 12 years. What a throwback
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Fri May 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Mailas! It's really great to hear from you!

This forum is packed with so many memories for all of us. We all had our moments of triumph and moments of acting ridiculous, but that's what kids do and that's how we grow as people. To be honest I was sad when you disappeared from the site. Things happen and we all go through our own phases but you were always welcome here (and still are) :)

Thanks for the kind words about keeping the site going! I wish I had more time and the site was active like it used to be, but I guess that's life. Maybe one day some of us will have the time :)

What you up to nowadays??
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

MailasB

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:14 am

.Vault wrote:P.S. Also, sorry for changing my name on this forum like 30 times.

I know you, good hearing from you, but I cannot remember what your original username was. Did it have something to do with Xbox?

monkeymaximus wrote:What you up to nowadays??

Hey,

Well after working at a few tech jobs I'm currently working from home doing programming contracts for various companies. It's stressful work but getting to choose my own hours is worth it.

Recently I've been giving back volunteering for various animal shelters over the years in my spare time and working on various side projects for friends. Somehow I've also developed a love for reading and cannot stop. If anyone knows any good fiction novels let me know.

Believe it or not I honestly don't even play games that much anymore, I guess I'm more of a nostalgia kind of guy and modern games just don't interest me as much. I do have a Switch though, unfortunately it's been gathering dust for a while now. Might as well put Linux on it and play Ape Escape, eh?

I guess one thing I haven't done that much is travel. Greece is on the horizon hopefully.

P.S. I didn't mind Season 8 of Game of Thrones, sue me
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:04 am

Has it really been so long? Has it? ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Luna Runte

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 am

Nice to read this

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!