Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Hello there!

<<

EnochRoot

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Hello there!

Hi, I just joined the site (and the scene).

Thought I would stop by here and say a quick hello, and let you know a little about myself.

I'm completly new to the psp homebrew scene, but have done a fair bit of hacking/brewing in my time ("my time" being 15 years ago, back when we called it 'cracking' and 'phreaking').
I resisted the urge to run homebrew on my psp for quite a while, as I heard the horror stories about brickings, but have now taken the plunge. Mainly because I realised the official Sony games were all a little disapointing and I wasn't really using my psp that much.

I'm hoping to get some PS1 games running, and maybe some emulation too.
I'll probably be posting on the help forum quite a bit in the days to come, as I try to find my way around. I'm sure the experienced members will jump at the chance to help out a relative noob like me!

Anyways, Hi again..
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:37 pm

welcome.

we will try to help you as best as we can.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Welcome. Glad to see you here senor nacho muchacho. Hope you post alot.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Hey welcome to this cozy homebrew community. I remember when I was insecure about downgrading my psp... I downgraded tons of psp's in my time and never got one brick. I think the only way you can possibly brick your PSP is if you make a mistake. Make sure you meet all the tutorials requirements and read it thoroughly and if you have any questions or doubts dont go with your gut, please ask them because id hate to see a PSP become a victim to the notorious brick.

Also I must agree almost all of the PSP games are terrible. But there is also a lot of good ones out there. The ps1 was a fantastic system and till this day I still play a lot of its games on my psp.

heres some of my fav in no specific order.

Twisted Metal
Crash Bandicoot (all)
Spyro (all)
Rampage (If you have universal tours 2 please let me know)
Vigilante 8
Tekken 3
Destruction derby
A bugs life
grand turismo
digimon world 3 (although its glitchy)

and tons more just cant think of em

Not to mention all the fantastic emulators out there. You gotta love the classics.

I have tons of spare time on my hands and I am willing to help people. If you need any help at all whether it regards installing emulators, downgrading, custom firmwares, location to get psx/psp games, etc.

My msn is [email protected]
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:25 pm

Welcome to pspbrew!
Be sure to use our downloads or ask for help when needed!

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!