<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 pm

[Tutorial] Patching 5.xx-6.00 Games for 5.00

Sorry airplanes. Your tutorial went un-updated for a while, and this info is pretty relevant. So here's a cleaned up tutorial.

Description: Most recent games check your PSP for its firmware version, and if you are not updated will not allow you to play them. Since the last m33 firmware was 5.00 and even the GEN firmwares top out at 5.50, this method will patch those games to allow you to play them on your custom firmware. This does not work for ALL games, but is pretty good!

Disclaimer:
While this probably won't harm anything, neither I nor the brewology network are responsible if something happens to your PSP, memory stick, computer, or anything else in the process.

Requirements:
PSP
PC
Game in ISO form
yoshihiro's Games Decrypter V4
UMD Generator

Step 1: Install yoshihiro's Games Decrypter. Connect your PSP to your PC. Put it in USB mode, and copy the whole "PSP" folder from the download over to the root of the memory stick.

Step 2: Open up UMD Generator and select the ISO you are going to patch.

Step 3: In the right pane, open PSP_GAME > SYSDIR > then right click on EBOOT.BIN and select "Extract Selected...". Save this to your desktop or wherever you want to save it.

Step 4: Take the EBOOT.BIN file you extracted and copy it to the root of your memory stick.

Step 5: Take your PSP out of USB mode, and run the game decrypter application you installed.

When the application runs, you will see the following menu. Press circle to decrypt and patch.

When it is complete you will see the following screen and the PSP will soon return to the XMB menu.

Step 6: Put your PSP back in USB mode. In the root of your memory stick you will see a new folder titled "DECRYPTOR". Open this, and copy the new EBOOT.BIN file to your computer. Feel free to overwrite the original since we no longer need that one anymore.

Step 7: Back in UMD Generator, make sure you are still at the PSP_GAME > SYSDIR folder. Delete the EBOOT.BIN file listed. Then select and drag the EBOOT.BIN file we copied from the PSP into the window. This essentially replaces the old, stock EBOOT with the EBOOT we decrypted and patched.

Step 8: Save your new game. You can save as an ISO or CSO. Some games might have problems being compressed, so it is best to save as an ISO first, then try saving again as a CSO. That way if the CSO doesn't work, you have a patched ISO ready to load without having to do all this again!

Step 9: Copy the ISO/CSO to the "ISO" folder on the root of your PSP's memory stick. Change the UMD mode to the m33 driver as this has the best compatibility with patched games. Play and enjoy!
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:15 am

Ok, lets not start all this again. A tutorial was updated. If there is a major update, we need things like this updated. I think Brent could have let you know via PM that he was updating it, but I still support the fact that it's updated so n00bs don't come in asking. We don't want to see everyone continue to fight again, and we DEFINITELY don't want to see anymore bans. So please, let's be civil and work together as a team. If anyone has any problems, please take care of it via PM, or we will need to lock this thread for spam. Thanks guys.

-Justin-
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 am

You might want to mention LBA protection, unless it's mentioned elsewhere in a tutorial and I just skipped over it.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 pm

were did my comments go on here?
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:21 pm

They were deleted because it was spam, so please stop spamming this thread.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Saw that you used GT. I've never been able to make it M33 compatible. Did you?
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Isnt ANY comment on here spam, INCLUDING YOURS? seeing as how it ISNT topic related.

and i DID end up getting Gran Turismo working on M33

LBP and Assassins Creed Bloodlines dont work though... if u get them working, get me your Eboot.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:51 am

airplanes18 wrote:Isnt ANY comment on here spam, INCLUDING YOURS? seeing as how it ISNT topic related.

and i DID end up getting Gran Turismo working on M33

LBP and Assassins Creed Bloodlines dont work though... if u get them working, get me your Eboot.

I have all 3 of those games working using the method I posted.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:11 pm

well i used it and it didnt work. using both me linux and windows environment. think you can let me have those eboots??

Return to PSP Tutorials