Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

[Tutorial] Pandora's Battery Installation Procedure

<<

badboi77

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi there,

I have a problem, i followed all the steps carefully, but when i turn on the psp with the pandora battery it does nothing, i don't even get any light. I used a 3.6V 1800 mAh battery (standard 110 battery) and a 1GB memory stick duo. can someone help with this plz. :?
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:38 pm

if the PSP doesn't automatically power on when you put the battery in, then you made the battery wrong. I think that might be it.
Steeler12
<<

badboi77

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:50 pm

it turns on automatically but doesnt do anything :cry:
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Did you use a slim battery or phat?
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

badboi77

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:15 pm

i use a psp fat. 1004 with standard psp battery
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:14 am

GODDamNIT!

Hey, i have to thank you for this tutorial but unfortunately i'm stuck in the middle! as soon as i type mspformat f (and yes thats where my mem stick is located) it says: open error <read.> can someone please tell me what the hell is going on so i can get back from frimware 5.03! i want to use homebrew!
Trying leads to failing...
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 am

Hey scrog. Please list what type of PSP model you're using, your battery model, memory stick capacity, and memory stick brand. Also, what operating system are you using on your computer? I believe you may run into problems on a Vista PC. It's recommended to use Windows XP 32 bit edition with Service Pack 3.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:18 pm

I have a first generation psp, a 4 gig memory card, both batteries are 3.6V, (the second psp is broken and was friends brother only the battery remains) other then that my operating system IS vista, while it is fickle if there is any way around said problems please respond thank you.
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:40 am

Another Problem

I have been getting farther in my PsP hacking escapades. Currently I am at the step of downloading pandora, while on my psp. But 2 of the files have the broken image, image and say corrupt data. The next 2 files have a picture of pandora's statue open the box, and one of them is installer, the other is creator. When i go to install it says that it's unopenable because it is corrupt as well. I have done everything before this step. I believe at this point the corrupt file may come from your link. Is there any other link to download the files? Or maybe i am doing something stupid. Either way could i get some help?

:?:
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 pm

I responded to you via private message, frenchwinegal. Let me know if you need further assistance. I'll be glad to help. ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: Another Problem

scrogginess wrote:I have been getting farther in my PsP hacking escapades. Currently I am at the step of downloading pandora, while on my psp. But 2 of the files have the broken image, image and say corrupt data. The next 2 files have a picture of pandora's statue open the box, and one of them is installer, the other is creator. When i go to install it says that it's unopenable because it is corrupt as well. I have done everything before this step. I believe at this point the corrupt file may come from your link. Is there any other link to download the files? Or maybe i am doing something stupid. Either way could i get some help?

:?:

You need to make sure that you have the 1.50 kernel activated in the Recovery Menu of the PSP that is homebrew compatible and then put the battery creator in the normal "GAME" folder. That works the very best. There may be one corrupt file if you don't have an auto-hide setting on, but one should be the correct image and load the program correctly. I don't believe my link is the issue. Dozens of thousands of people have used it :D

Let me know what's up.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Bloodlust

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Massive confusion

I am getting so confused. I have a first gen psp-1000. I have bought a pandora battery from datel. Having only the one psp, can I do the downgrade?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: Massive confusion

Bloodlust wrote:I am getting so confused. I have a first gen psp-1000. I have bought a pandora battery from datel. Having only the one psp, can I do the downgrade?

Yes, you should be able to. I will admit, I am a bit unfamiliar with the Datel Tool, but it is advertised to work similar to the Pandora's Battery and should be compatible. The second PSP is needed for the creation of the battery but if you have the battery already, you should be set as long as you properly create the magic memory stick.

Sorry for the delay.

@ Doc_Rega - Yes, sir. If you have the original battery from your PSP 1001, you should be able to make this happen with all of the equipment you list here. The only questionable thing is your version of Windows. You can do this on Vista but earlier reports had issues with Vista, so the only thing that could possibly help you more would be to use a pals computer that has Windows XP 32-bit. Also, sorry for the delay in answering. ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
Previous

Return to PSP Tutorials