<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Resistance Retribution

I've been waiting for the game for a while now and it finally came out today. I picked it up but I won't have a chance to play it until later. The game looks tight from watching videos about it.

check out the video review here.

It seems to have a deep story and an awesome multiplayer. Look into it!
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Holy sh*t! ISOHUNT HERE I COME!
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:07 pm

I should've mentioned this earlier but if you played the J version on your US PSP, it plays everything in English. So I've been playing this (and already beat it) since the 13th. It plays great, the control takes some getting used to. I can't get the multi-player to work though. I'm on 4.01 and playing J though, so that's most likely to blame.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Haha yea I saw that the jap version was already out. Anyways I beat a couple of levels and the controls are great, I'm familiar with the series so I guess it kinda helped. The enemies are all there, the weapons are there, and it is a sweet game! I'm interested to see how much more it links to the other games. You meet the British lieutenant Cartwright in the first resistance and you team up with him.

I give the controls a 9 - they intertwine gracefully for the psp.
The graphics an 8 - not the best I've seen on the psp, but it meets good standards.
Story - Can't tell too far, but it looks promising
Multiplayer - Haven't played it yet, but I read up that hacking is a problem already! I also read that someone noted 400 people to be online. I'm hoping that something is done about the hacking but I guess it is probably inevitable and will ruin the online..
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 pm

You should know I'm the go-to Resistance guy. The story covers up some rough patches but you'll feel a lack of creativity in some environments and enemies. Overall, it was a great experience. I still have to replay it in Infected mode as well as get the Allure, Longbow and Plasma Grenades.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Ah yes, once I finish it the first time I'll go through it in infected mode. I read that you get that sweet magnum pistol gun thing I loved that in R2.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm

AdventWolf wrote:Ah yes, once I finish it the first time I'll go through it in infected mode. I read that you get that sweet magnum pistol gun thing I loved that in R2.

Yeah, you can get the Magnum. You will also have regenerating health, the ability to breathe underwater, a Sentinel uniform (you become one) and different cutscenes (people react to you differently).
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:57 pm

I Just Finished Downloading it and Its Flibbin Awesome I Havent tried the Online yet but I Hope its as good as campagin
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:39 pm

How long is the campaign?
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Damn

you guys beat me to it! i got it the day before the america release-those in japan are kind to umd dump-and i cant tell you, it Pwns! :shock: i cant tell you how scary the boilers are :cry: dont they remind you of the aliens on independence day?
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 pm

6 chapters, each of them maybe consisting about an hour and a half depending on your skill level.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:02 pm

hey-what does hooking up to the ps3 on resistance 2 do? i know the options, but how does it change the game?
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:12 am

airplanes18 wrote:hey-what does hooking up to the ps3 on resistance 2 do? i know the options, but how does it change the game?
It Lets you become "Infected" Which means you can breath underwater an your eyes are yellow
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:26 am

Re: Damn

airplanes18 wrote:you guys beat me to it! i got it the day before the america release-those in japan are kind to umd dump-and i cant tell you, it Pwns! :shock: i cant tell you how scary the boilers are :cry: dont they remind you of the aliens on independence day?

Oh the ones with the exploding heads? haha yea those are in resistance 2 and they were a little faster I think.

When you hook up your psp to ps3, I Know it gives you some new weapons and abilities. Since you are infected with the virus, you can breathe under water and your health regenerates. One of the weapons you get is a sweet pistol that's secondary fire blows up the bullet that you shoot. You fire one of these into a group of chimera and they are dead in a couple of hits.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 am

really? I DIDNT WORK.... i`ll try again. srry caps on to lazy to go back just keep typing this long runon sentance and not using effort
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable