<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Got a second PSP for $10

Title says it all really. I tried convincing my friend into letting me mod his PSP (I'm trying to spread the word about me so I can get more customers) but he told me his broken. He then offered it to me for $20. I accepted and he said he'd give it to me by next week. However, he couldn't find his charger. He said if I'll still buy it, he'll lower it to $15 for me. Naturally, I accepted (chargers aren't that expensive). Next, he couldn't find the battery. It was a loss but he said he'd do $10 if I didn't need either. [SARCASM]With great tears of sadness[/SARCASM], I again accepted. I just got it today. The screen is pretty messed up and the broken part of it is the analog is missing completely. While I was waiting for it, I ordered a spare battery and charger online for $10. I'm going to buy a new analog array and faceplate in order to make it more sellable. This'll be my first cracking open of a console ever, so I'm pretty excited!
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 am

If it's a fat, there are lots of screws in there depending on how far down you open her up. Just keep track of them. Slims are a piece of cake, except I had some stupid star looking screws at the top and no driver to use on them. I just broke the tabs on the faceplate the screws go into... can't even tell since the faceplate stays on fine.

You can get lots of deals on replacement screens online. Heck, browse some forums and you can probably find people selling used screens at bargain prices. Then you can have a 100% functional PSP to use/sell.

Fat screen: $26.50 http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3217

Slim screen $39.99 http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12884

Both with backlights so they're pretty much plug and play.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri May 01, 2009 3:49 pm

When I remove the faceplate, I'll check how many of those scratches actually reached the screen itself. Luckily, I won't have to disassemble the PSP too much since it's just an analog swap, which is on the faceplate itself. I've heard the 1000 is a pain to disassemble. Oh, for those of you that happen to live near Lomita, CA; there's a "broken" 360 for $30 on craigslist. He says broken but he says it can be fine, he just has no power brick or AV cables to test it. Console only.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon May 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Figured an update was in order. I just ordered the extra analog stick ($4 on ebay) and in the meantime, decided in the meantime to chec out the PSP's insides. First thing I noticed was the bottom screw was missing. My friend who sold it to me had no idea why, as he never got into modding. I don't think it makes a difference. I carefully opened it up. The actual screen is fine, it was the faceplate that took all the damage. Guess I'll have to buy a new one of those too. I removed the broken analog array (can these be fixed?) and reassembled the PSP. I taped over where the analog was to keep the dust out. Oh yeah, I put CFW in it as well.

On a added note, I didn't even notice till today that he gave me the 32MB MS by mistake. Rather than putting it to the side, I decided to fill it. I put in N+, cxmb, 2 CTFs, PSPTube and Adhoc FileTransfer 0.7. Who would've thought that could all fit on a 32MB MS.

Return to PlayStation Portable