DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 am

DPM77 Comes Back To Brewology

*language alert*

Hey everyone, DPM here. I wanted to give a more personal message to the site I know and love. It's a pleasure to see that the site is still doing well. With better news posting, however, I'm sure the Brew can become much more lively once again. Please give any information or suggestions as to what sort of content I can help provide the Brewology with. I plan on doing news posts on a regular basis again.

Thanks everyone!

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 am

Re: DPM77 Comes Back To Brewology

Yeah DPM, being all badass and sh*t saying you don't have time to be a mod and then smoking :P
The amount of times you said "umm" should give some people an idea for a new drinking game! :P
P.S.
Hey DarkPacMan you look Sexy.
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah, I'm not the best on-camera and it was 5AM. I'll say this though, I don't have time to do anything other than post news, to be honest, I just need ideas for what kind of content we should be posting. I'm not sure what's "hot" right now and what-not.

um

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:06 am

You're not exactly going to get a lot of ideas now since no one hangs around here :P

But as far as I know, Apple vs Samsung is what's going on right now. Apple won the lawsuit.
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 am

I read about that. That's kind of nuts.

I think tomorrow I will begin by trying to post at least 1 article a day then. See if anything catches on.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:28 am

^_^

-Formerly DCM
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

he has a voice...
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks for the video. Gave me a laugh lol.

EDIT: You seem more committed than pretty much anyone else on the site.
Last edited by Puncharger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Lol. At 0 commitment from the current staff, I think even a monkey with a keyboard would seem more committed.

I've visited every now and then myself and I agree the site definately needs some reform. News is a good place to start, the site definately needs a face lift again as well.

As for news, I can't really comment myself as I haven't really been following much of any current technology trends. If you ask me though, it's going to be tough luring people into the site when the forums don't really hold the latest trends. In other words, people can read the sh*t out of an article posted on the home page all they want, but if theres nothing that you can link the article to within the forums, then why would they feel the need to sign up? People usually sign up to ask questions about tutorials, files, mods, etc.

You're going to need a joint effort from administration to update the forums, as well as the moderators and any active members to start bringing content to the site. Write some tutorials, teach people about mods, upload files to the sites database.

I'll stop myself now before I make this into a novel, but if any admins are active and are willing to give this site a rehaul in order to revive this site from its current dormant state. PM me and I will gladly pass along my thoughts of what this site needs to keep members regularly visiting.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:50 pm

staxx wrote:

Lol. At 0 commitment from the current staff, I think even a monkey with a keyboard would seem more committed.

I've visited every now and then myself and I agree the site definately needs some reform. News is a good place to start, the site definately needs a face lift again as well.

As for news, I can't really comment myself as I haven't really been following much of any current technology trends. If you ask me though, it's going to be tough luring people into the site when the forums don't really hold the latest trends. In other words, people can read the sh*t out of an article posted on the home page all they want, but if theres nothing that you can link the article to within the forums, then why would they feel the need to sign up? People usually sign up to ask questions about tutorials, files, mods, etc.

You're going to need a joint effort from administration to update the forums, as well as the moderators and any active members to start bringing content to the site. Write some tutorials, teach people about mods, upload files to the sites database.

I'll stop myself now before I make this into a novel, but if any admins are active and are willing to give this site a rehaul in order to revive this site from its current dormant state. PM me and I will gladly pass along my thoughts of what this site needs to keep members regularly visiting.

Admins? What admins? :P

The only admint that comes around is MM and he comes around once a month or once every 2.
-Formerly DCM
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 am

Hence "0 commitment".

I just love all the spam floating around the forums lol.
"Buy steroids online" :D

To be honest I don't even think Pacman is going to stick around...

I think tomorrow I will begin by trying to post at least 1 article a day then.

Posted - Aug 31
Last news article written - Aug 29

I admire his enthusiasm, and all the power to him if he wants to help, but this site needs active staff before anything can really be accomplished.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I step in every couple days... Id like mod, and monkey said he wouldnt mind, but getting him to sit down on Gchat is a little easier than running with no legs...
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Well I tell you guys what. I've neglected writing articles while waiting for feedback, but I think that's not the place to start yet. I don't think this place needs an "overhaul" and I think the staff members are swell. I'll begin posting news articles that I think are fun. If the forum is mostly full of browsers and people looking for slightly older content that we excelled at in the past, that's great, however, the NEW stuff is STILL covered in our downloads section and if you're a staff member you know how that magic works. Since that part is nearly automated completely, posting news while other staff members are away is one aspect that will certainly keep the site more lively and it is an aspect which I'd love to participate in. I'll have a few days here and there without posts, but from here on I'm aiming for articles.

It's gotta start somewhere guys. I've helped do this twice in the past and I see no reason to believe we can't do it again. After all, new consoles are on the horizon. These periods of time, statistically, have proven to be our best in the past. ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

xSilentShadow89x

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:42 am

G'day! DarkPacMan77!!!
Who's a pretty boy then! ;p

Wow it sure has been a while....I do pop in every now and then to check up on new posts ,although i lost my account details long ago.. i think me ol' account was Azukon? oh and long time no talk my friend :)

We used to chat on msn and stuff years ago.. (when i had my psp..)
We sure have to catch up again. ^^"

AzzA ;)
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 pm

xSilentShadow89x wrote:G'day! DarkPacMan77!!!
Who's a pretty boy then! ;p

Wow it sure has been a while....I do pop in every now and then to check up on new posts ,although i lost my account details long ago.. i think me ol' account was Azukon? oh and long time no talk my friend :)

We used to chat on msn and stuff years ago.. (when i had my psp..)
We sure have to catch up again. ^^"

AzzA ;)

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5152
This?
You're an old member I see.

Anyways welcome back I guess, hope you stick around, this site needs people who do :/
-Formerly DCM
Next

Return to General Chat