Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Windows Vista Access denied errors everywhere!

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Windows Vista Access denied errors everywhere!

Well maybe I spoke to soon about Vista. Seems out of the blue for no reason (no system config changes, no software changes nothing!) I am getting access denied errors with Vista. I already use the administrator account (in fact it's the default account, I have no other accounts) to do everything so that isn't the problem.

First problem is that it won't connect to my home network. It just says the connection status is unknown, and access denied even though there is no actual problem using the internet.

Then, I tried playing a video, and windows media player gives me the same error no matter what file I open. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." So the web help option brings me to pretty much the only possibility is access denied. Tried running Media player as administator, nothing. I have tried playing files I play every day and nothing. Divx player doesn't even output sound!

Anyone else have this problem? I booted into XP and got to watch my movie within seconds. But this still hasn't fixed this retarded vista problem.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: Windows Vista Access denied errors everywhere!

ace_012 wrote:Anyone else have this problem?

Everyone has problems with Vista.
I love it still.
It's like the retarded puppy out of the litter. You can't hate it because you'd feel bad.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Is it basic?
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:35 pm

System restore.
ImageImage
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:38 pm

He's using Ultimate. I believe the media problems are just related to not having proper codecs. Download the K-lite codec package and install it and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if those problems didn't go away instantly. As for why it won't connect to your home network, I'm not sure. Try resetting any modem or router that you have. Additional firmware for your router may be needed under Vista also. The manufacturer's website should lend information into this issue.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:42 pm

I don't believe it is codecs, because it won't play music that I have been playing every day. I play my collection of mp3's while I play on xbox live, and it won't even play those. I will try installing the K-lite codec, but it is still really strange as to why it is giving me the error out of the blue. At first I thought it might have been connected, like since both problems are both access denial errors.

And yea, I'm using ultimate. Nice analogy crait. Thanks for the help so far.

I was looking at something in XP and when I was on my vista drive, I noticed a "Mcx1" folder in the users folders. Anyone have any idea what this is? I used to only see "Public" and "Administrator", for both accounts but now it's like there is a new account called Mcx1?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I was thinking that Mxc1 might be media center extender, but yea I installed K-Lite and it's still a no go. It's something related to the audio, since I've tried it now on the k-lite player, divx player & flv and all shows video but no audio out put at all. Doesn't even appear in the vista audio mixer. And media player just plays the video in the background with the error on top of it with no audio.

I still don't understand why it is saying access denied, maybe a file missing can cause the access denied error? Like the audio codecs becoming fragmented or something. That and I guess maybe I will try media center. I will also try reinstalling the audio codecs and see if that works.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm

You try a system restore?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Not yet, I would much rather try actually fixing the problem then just hitting the idiot button. No offense though. :p
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 pm

Use this codec pack. http://www.cccp-project.net/ Has every codec you new to play hd videos,mvk,ogg,ogm, and everthing else in between.
ImageImage
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Oh jw, it was mentioned to you earlier, not sure if it worked or not if you tried it.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:37 pm

It's ok. If all else fails then I will try that, only if all else fails ;)

@ DA, I'm pretty sure codecs aren't the problem.. I've installed several codecs which none solved the problem. One day it works and another day it doesn't. Besides, Windows Media Player should play mp3's out of the box without more needed codecs...

Grah, just remembered that the only restore point was the one made 2 hours ago XD. O well, looks like I'm stuck with fixing the issue. This should be fun.

Edit: I think I finally fixed it. I was following this tutorial : http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/108 ... d11d2.html
When I started the sound utility it said something about my Realtek HD audio manager causing problems so I said yea fix it (can't remember if I disabled it or what? I was mad :p) and now audio will play without any errors. Turns out that I too just installed aim :p Forgot about that, didn't think it would cause any problems. Meh O well it works now.

Return to General Chat