laser

<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Just to let you know there are cheap $10 and $20 dollars lasers on that site, I just bought one, also to let you know most of those lasers don't have those IR filters either.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 pm

What site brudda?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:01 pm

http://www.dealextreme.com

Also I was going to buy a few IR Filters but they are like $10 dollars, yea I am cheap and found out you can make an IR Filter from Unexposed develop film and was wondering can I put that in a pare of sun glasses or something??
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:13 pm

I don't understand fully. Explain a little better and I'll try to help you find an answer.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:21 pm

Okay almost all lasers don't have an IR Filter some do, this IR Filter stops will IR going into your eyes and burning your retinas. Because even if you shot a laser such as this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.469 at a wall or whatever IR shoots back at you, well you can buy IR filters for $10+ dollars, or I could buy IR Glasses but they are like $30, but I was wondering if it is possible to make an IR Filter so I remembered from taking photos, you can make an IR filter by

(http://www.photocritic.org/create-your-own-ir-filter/)
1) Go into a camera store, buy a roll of slide film. (120 film is great, because it has larger surface area and no sprocket holes). If you can get film that is out of date, it’s cheaper. They may even give you a roll or two for free.

2) Hand the newly aquired roll of film back to the salesperson behind the counter, and tell them to get it developed. If they look at you in a confused way, explain why. Tell them to add a note on the film that yes, you know it is unexposed, and yes, you want it developing anyway.

3) Go back to the store 48 hours later, pick up your now-developed, still-underexposed slide film, which now is ready to be used as IR filter. The whole thing should cost you a fraction of the price of an IR filter!

and was wondering if I could use those in a pare of sun glasses or put it over the laser diode?
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:37 pm

FYI IR filters make it weaker, it's the IR that lets it burn stuff and makes it visible during night
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:25 pm

You also mean burn your retinas to.

Okay never mind about making a IR Filter I have IR Safety glasses.

Just have one big question: my IR glasses are 650nm wave length tolerated (I think) but the laser I am getting has a 532nm wave length, can my glasses still work with that? Well overtly yes but are they still going to be good?

I know I am a little worrisome about this but I really don't want to screw up my eyes even though I know its not that bad but, well you get what I mean.
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:13 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't work, just if you're unsure about it then, don't use it too often but there's no reason for it not to work for you glasses, just don't point them in mirrors, i guess...
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 pm

So will the dvd burner diode still burn your retinas? Or just a cd burner? BKF's post sort've confused me... I don't really know much about lasers like how they work. But I'm guessing the reason you should never point the old laser things on a keyring in peoples eyes was because the IR would mess up their retinas. But pretty much if I were to buy any of the lasers that you see on websites that burn stuff, or even a bluray diode would require some sort of IR protection? Or is that just for like directly shining it in your eyes?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:24 pm

just CDs will mess up ur eyes
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:51 am

AHH not true. Every laser causes eye damage, no matter the strength. Most of the lasers on the web sites can cause serious damage 2 your eyes. EVEN MAKE YOU BLIND (~100mW+). Bottom line is that all lasers use IR to make their beam any good. If you look onto where a laser is pointing on a wall or somewhere, you can see the little surging [infra] red dots even. Lasers that don't have IR filters can damage your even if you do so much as to look at its light projectedon any not-reflective surface. This does not apply if you have any somewhat good protective eyewear. As far as safety goes, dvds and/or cds would be the least safe.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 am

He should kno pointing any laser directly into ur eyes is bad.....but if u use CDs then it will damage your eyes even if you do not look at it.

Thats from the creator of the video.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Yea just don't point it at your eyes, or any shinny surface also. But what I was saying about you could go to say a film store ask for a blank roll of film and tell them to develop it, come back and pick it up take out the film and play it in a pair of sunglasses or whatnot, its not the safest, but it will help, also if you go to a home hardware store, and buy a laser level for like 25$ or less or more depends on what kind you get a lot of them come with laser safety glasses.

Also if anybody is thinking about making a blu ray one her is how to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfj1n8vPWCE
<<

mice R nice

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 pm

that guy talks too fast, bu that's kewl. How come it didn't burn anything?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Does a bluray diode emit IR? None of the dudes on youtube are wearing any eye protection when using them :p
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat