<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Woah woah woah woah

Suicide is illegal? I haven't heard of that in Michigan. I've never heard of fines or outstanding warrants for attempted suicide.

Assisted, yes, but straight suicide... idk. Does anyone know the particular law?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:13 am

I've heard about suicide being illegal since I was 10 years old. As for the truth of it, I've never investigated it.

But succession is legal is it not? Look at the civil war. In order for the Confederacy to succeed(sp?) then it had to officially join the Union then succeed, which it did. Texas was also an independent republic because for I believe 8 strait years (well, 2 presidents refused to grant them statehood because such a large slave state would throw the country off balance or w/e) they were refused statehood in the U.S. I forgot the guys name that was the "president" but he did pretty much copy the US constitution and make one for Texas for however long they needed.

Oh and if you know about someone committing suicide, and don't tell the officials and they go through with it then you can also be convicted for like an accessory to homicide or w/e you would categorize it as. But that law might be exclusive to N.C.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:25 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:Woah woah woah woah

Suicide is illegal? I haven't heard of that in Michigan. I've never heard of fines or outstanding warrants for attempted suicide.

Assisted, yes, but straight suicide... idk. Does anyone know the particular law?

-DarkPacMan77-

This one guy was actually fined 3 times for breaking this law and destruction of a cop car.
He tried jumping off a building and lived each time. The last time he tried jumping, he landed on the roof of a cop car and destroyed it.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:58 pm

According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_view ... ted_States

Attempting suicide is a felony but it is rarely enforced.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 pm

que13x wrote:According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_view ... ted_States

Ha!
You can't argue with the Wiki!
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:17 am

que13x wrote:According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_view ... ted_States

No, it says that by the early 90's, only two states still listed suicide as a crime but to this day have removed it from being classified as a crime. It doesn't say it's an existing felony.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:16 am

First sentence under United States reads:

"In the United States, suicide has never been punished as a crime nor penalized by property forfeiture or ignominious burial.[citation needed] Historically, various states listed the act as a felony, but all were reluctant to enforce it."
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
Previous

Return to General Chat