<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Are people getting dumber?

well i mean as people im saying out YOUTH, like young people.
I been seeing my friends and stuff and im jsut amazed and stupid they are. From "no snitching", which means if they see someone kill another person they wouldnt tell to smoking weed all the time(i gatta admit tis fun!!) and doing all kinds of other drugs.
Are people getting dumber?
i mean like people cant use their common sense. I see my friends getting drunk and sh*t all the time and they are only 14, i mean i seen girls lose their virginity when they was drunk and they didnt know the next day HAHAHAHAHAH, It happened once but it was the funniest thing ever. And the girl regretted it and was soo mad.
I mean sex is good but like protected sex!!!

anyway, its just people think doing good in school is being nerdy and i just dont see a bright future.

THis is also very good, because it makes people that are smart have a MMMMUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHH higher chance of getting rich.

But i mean i see my friends depresses all the time, the skinniest and prettiest girls think they ugly and fat. I mean this girl i know she had 12 boyfriends so far and she still cuts herself and thinks she is ugly/fat!!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!??????

Its jsut that people are never satisfied and happy with what they have, its a sad world we live in.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:39 pm

Yep. And people are starting to think that if you do your homework then you are a nerd. Or if you are good in school. But yea there are more little terds now, you can see that all of the little kids 5-10 or so have no respect whatsoever, they will all grow up and ruin this nation because that have no morals, respect and common sense. It's not funny :(.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:48 pm

AdventWolf wrote:Yep. And people are starting to think that if you do your homework then you are a nerd. Or if you are good in school. But yea there are more little terds now, you can see that all of the little kids 5-10 or so have no respect whatsoever, they will all grow up and ruin this nation because that have no morals, respect and common sense. It's not funny :(.
i know they have no respect for elders and think they are much smarter and right.... i mean its sometimes true but not always

people just dont think right anymore...
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:59 pm

I've noticed alot of kids now-a-days don't have any common sense. Like prank phone calls why would you use your home phone people have caller ids, and trust me I get alot. I have the easiest phone number. Last 4 digits are 1234.
ImageImage
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:08 pm

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:I've noticed alot of kids now-a-days don't have any common sense. Like prank phone calls why would you use your home phone people have caller ids, and trust me I get alot. I have the easiest phone number. Last 4 digits are 1234.
hahaha 1234 that sucks
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:43 pm

well this is mainly an american problem as far as i can tell. not that i dont love my country i do. but main beliefs and value of our nation are; violence to achieve justice, america as a special nation, anti-intellectualism. were practically screaming were violent, dumb, and think were better than everyone else.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:44 pm

light_alistor wrote:well this is mainly an american problem as far as i can tell. not that i dont love my country i do. but main beliefs and value of our nation are; violence to achieve justice, america as a special nation, anti-intellectualism. were practically screaming were violent, dumb, and think were better than everyone else.
I AGREEE!!!!
im form a different country and we are nothing like americans!!!
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:49 pm

now dont get me wrong. we do have good values too. like; technology as savior, myth of romantic love, nuclear family. but one of our main beliefs is that youth is better than age. i wish our country respected our elders as much as others
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Yea I guess America needs more respect. But no one close to me that I know of doesn't think hat they are better than everyone else. Maybe some rich snobs though.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 pm

they are widely excepted values
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:14 pm

and also its like something i noticed with myself is that people are enver happy with what they had....

i mean im really poor, i live in like a $50,000 hour with 2 rooms, not including living room and kitchen, tis a extremely small house, and i mite add that it was built in 1903 :(

but i mean i see my real rich friends who live in $500,000 houses and they think they aren't rich or they want more stuff, its just amazing.

and Americans seem to never care about the rest of the world, like Africa where so many poor people live. its sad
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:52 pm

I feel like some kind of super genius, honestly. In school, I put effort into things and get good grades. It feels awkward when I get a B on something and I feel like: "Man, I slipped up. I will do better next time." And my friend gets a C and is happy about it. Makes me feel like I have some kind of superiority complex. I know people that have made horrible life desicions. I had a friend that changed schools just before middle school. We were both in a Montessori; I stayed through middle school, he went to a bigger school. Now we are in high school, and his life is wrecked. Drugs, sex, theft; he had changed beyond recognition. He is no longer my friend, but I see the same thing in so many people. There needs to be major improvements in the schools, and the kids need to think for themselves and grow up. On a lighter note, being smart is fun! I was in a history class, just before the bell. So I pull out my PSP and mess with the TV and projector. Everybody was so amazed, my teacher is a cool guy, so I didn't get in any trouble. It was neat, :P.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:32 pm

I don't believe that the youth of today is choosing to be "dumb", it is more the effect of not only their background, but mainstream society as well.

In my opinion, Generation Z is going to be the biggest embarrassment to human existence there has ever been, I mean, just look at some of the music and movies that have come out in the last few years.

Compare the aspects of society, pop culture, literature, art, etc. to that of Generation X or Generation Y.

Those of use who are GenX-Y have been alive long enough to know whats it's like to be broken, be lied to, to be shaken to our very core. We understand that we can't just give up because our intelligence is all we have. Whereas today's youth is fed the idea that everything will always be okay from such a young age that it is sickening. The US is a perfect example of a good idea gone so horribly wrong. Society has changed so much in even just 100 years, but now we are at a complete standstill.

I myself am Generation Y.

I truly weep for the future as it stands now.

Generation Z is letting itself be systematically dumbed down by the mainstream media which seems to be hellbent on promoting ignorance and greed over morality and tolerance.
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:31 pm

I know a fre rich people that think they aren't. I never ask for anything at all, I buy my own stuff. I save my money and work during the summer and stuff. I have it made though, we're not rich, but we are upper middle class I guess. My mom is a single mom tho =/. I help her out as much as possible. More people have the "whatever" attitude and are like "f*** it". Yea.. I hate playing MMORPGs because you meet a LOT of stupid people. And a lot of jacka**es.
<<

kLine

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Supashay said it best, i totally agree with what he is saying

the media is probably the #1 cause of this all, the past say 10 years the media has been getting worse and worse at an insanely fast rate

not to single out mtv because there are tons of terrible stations, but this station has become such a joke its scary, 99% of the shows now are geared towards stupidity and promoting terrible lifestyles/behavior

also another thing about mtv that is bad is the way they edit their programs, have you ever noticed that they switch camera angles/scenes almost every 5 seconds in order to keep the ADD type generation we've become interested, its terrible to think that they have to edit shows this way in order to keep people watching, but it works.
Next

Return to General Chat