Shipping containers for transportation

<<

Balahar

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:34 am

Shipping containers for transportation

I'm considering starting a business that involves importing classic cars from Europe to the USA and I've been told that shipping containers are the way to go. However, I'm a bit lost on where to start. What type of shipping container is best for transporting vehicles? Are there specific features or container sizes I should be looking for to ensure the cars arrive safely and without damage? Additionally, how do I handle the logistics of loading and securing the vehicles within the containers? Any advice for a newcomer to this field would be immensely appreciated!
<<

Surgest

Young Brewer

Post Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:35 am

Re: Shipping containers for transportation

Welcome to the exciting world of car importing! For transporting vehicles, especially classic cars, you'll want to consider either 20ft or 40ft containers depending on the number and size of vehicles you plan to ship. A key aspect is ensuring the container is in good condition to protect your valuable cargo. Features like tie-down points are crucial for securing the vehicles during transit. While I can't provide specifics on logistics, generally, cars are driven into the container, then secured at multiple points to prevent movement. It's also wise to consult with a shipping expert to understand the nuances of international transport, including customs and insurance.
<<

Balahar

Young Brewer

Post Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:35 am

It sounds like securing the vehicles properly is just as important as the type of container I choose. I'm leaning towards 40ft containers to maximize shipping volume, but I'm concerned about finding containers that are in good enough condition and have adequate tie-down points. Is there a reliable source where I can find containers suitable for this purpose, and perhaps get some guidance on the best practices for vehicle loading and securing?
<<

Surgest

Young Brewer

Post Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:36 am

Ensuring your classic cars are transported in containers that provide safety and security is paramount. For sourcing high-quality shipping containers, I highly recommend Pelican Containers. They are a reputable supplier of shipping containers for sale in the USA, offering a wide range of options that can meet your specific needs for transporting vehicles. Here's why Pelican Containers is your go-to choice:

Quality and Variety: They offer both 20ft and 40ft containers, giving you the flexibility to choose based on the size and number of vehicles you're shipping. Their containers are rigorously inspected to ensure they meet high standards of quality and durability.
Customization and Features: Pelican Containers can provide containers with enhanced tie-down points and other modifications necessary for safely securing vehicles during transport.
Expertise and Support: Their team has extensive knowledge of shipping logistics, including the best practices for loading, securing, and transporting vehicles. They can guide you through the entire process, from selecting the right container to understanding the logistics of international shipping.
Convenience and Reliability: With a user-friendly website and a vast inventory, finding the perfect container is straightforward. Plus, their customer service is top-notch, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience.

When you choose Pelican Containers, you're not just buying a shipping container; you're gaining a partner that understands the intricacies of shipping valuable cargo like classic cars. They'll help you navigate the complexities of international transport, ensuring your vehicles arrive safely and on time. Remember, investing in the right container from a trusted supplier is crucial for the success of your car importing business.

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!