R3PL4C3D

<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:37 pm

R3PL4C3D

Hey. I'm new to the forums and I'm kinda getting interested in this kind of stuff. All I gotta say.

Any of you guys have any suggestions for tutorials? No idea what's going on about this firmware and stuff. HAHA! I'm totally clueless right now. :lol: Thanks for the help! :)
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:54 pm

lets get you started then. First we must know your psp's firmware. To find this go all the way to the left on the psp's main menu then scroll down to system settings. Yet again scroll down until you find system information. At this point you should see System Software ______. That will be your firmware.

Post your firmware here and ill continue to help you.

Edit: Nearly forgot, welcome to pspbrew! have a good time and learn lots.
<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:03 pm

kingcoke wrote:lets get you started then. First we must know your psp's firmware. To find this go all the way to the left on the psp's main menu then scroll down to system settings. Yet again scroll down until you find system information. At this point you should see System Software ______. That will be your firmware.

Post your firmware here and ill continue to help you.

Edit: Nearly forgot, welcome to pspbrew! have a good time and learn lots.

Thankyou sooooo much! I love the community here already! Haha! Anyway... Version 2.00
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:13 pm

Your very welcome.

Also you are very lucky to still be at firmware 2.00, should make downgrading super easy.

First upgrade your psp to firmware 2.71

http://dl.qj.net/Firmware-2.71-PSP/pg/1 ... /catid/163

Once you download the file above, plug in your psp via usb and in the root of your memory stick go to
the folder titled PSP. In that folder you should see some other folders, one in particular the GAME folder.
Double click that folder and once you are in the GAME folder make a new folder and title it UPDATE.
Place the file you downloaded in the folder you just created. Unplug the usb cord, then search for the 2.71 Update on your memory stick.

After you are at firmware 2.71 you just follow this tutorial to get to firmware 1.5

http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6810

Its quite simple if any further assistance is needed please do not hesitate to ask.
<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 am

kingcoke wrote:Your very welcome.

Also you are very lucky to still be at firmware 2.00, should make downgrading super easy.

First upgrade your psp to firmware 2.71

http://dl.qj.net/Firmware-2.71-PSP/pg/1 ... /catid/163

Once you download the file above, plug in your psp via usb and in the root of your memory stick go to
the folder titled PSP. In that folder you should see some other folders, one in particular the GAME folder.
Double click that folder and once you are in the GAME folder make a new folder and title it UPDATE.
Place the file you downloaded in the folder you just created. Unplug the usb cord, then search for the 2.71 Update on your memory stick.

After you are at firmware 2.71 you just follow this tutorial to get to firmware 1.5

http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6810

Its quite simple if any further assistance is needed please do not hesitate to ask.

Hmm. I put the file in the UPDATE folder which is in the GAME folder but it says it's a corrupted file. Am I doing anything wrong? The file name is 8046_EBOOT.PBP
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:48 am

Well if it's version 2.00 you can just use the MPH downgrader. I've used it over 250 times, literally.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:55 pm

You have to rename the downloaded file to UPDATE.PBP then try this again

and dpm ive never downgraded a 2.00 so I dont think I should be recommending it.

Also before you upgrade do you have GTA liberty city stories unpatched by anychance?

if not then dont upgrade your firmware. Contact DarkPacman about the 2.00 downgrader. I think that does not require GTA LCS.
<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:05 pm

kingcoke wrote:You have to rename the downloaded file to UPDATE.PBP then try this again

and dpm ive never downgraded a 2.00 so I dont think I should be recommending it.

Also before you upgrade do you have GTA liberty city stories unpatched by anychance?

if not then dont upgrade your firmware. Contact DarkPacman about the 2.00 downgrader. I think that does not require GTA LCS.

It still says it's corrupted. I went to the GAME folder and made a new folder named UPDATE and put the file in the UPDATE folder and renamed the downloaded file to UPDATE.PBP. Anyone have a clue?
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Woops slight typo. I meant to say rename to EBOOT.PBP. Once again before you upgrade your psp make sure that you have GTA LCS unpatched and if you dont then contact DPM about the 2.00 downgrader.
<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:06 pm

kingcoke wrote:Woops slight typo. I meant to say rename to EBOOT.PBP. Once again before you upgrade your psp make sure that you have GTA LCS unpatched and if you dont then contact DPM about the 2.00 downgrader.

Thanks! Now I need to downgrade. Ill use the tutorials. I'll be back after I got everything done.
<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:54 pm

I'm having trouble with finding the Hen D in my photo folder on my PSP. I put the idstoragechange and UPDATE folder in the H:\PSP\GAME folder and I put the files in the H:\MP_ROOT folder. I think that's where the memory stick folder is, right? Yeah. And I changed the 1.5 downgrade file to UPDATE.PBP in the H:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE folder. Am I supposed to leave the other EBOOT.PBP file in there? Yeah. Tell me if I made any mistakes.
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:54 am

Hmm I am unsure of what you did wrong. Try formating your memory stick, and then restarting the tutorial. Make sure you do everything as listed.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:41 pm

Welcome to the forums i hope you enjoy your stay.
<<

shawun

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 pm

H:/PSP/ is your memstick foldr..i think thats what you meant. or im wrong.
<<

R3PL4C3D

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:00 pm

shawun wrote:H:/PSP/ is your memstick foldr..i think thats what you meant. or im wrong.

Thanks. I'll try this right now.
Next

Return to Introductions, Departures, Returns!