FFPC

<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:08 am

and blu-ray holds a heck of a lot more space than hd (25gigs)
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:58 pm

that is why the Playstation 3 is going to be so much powerful. X-box will not compare, trust me. Sony all the way! :D

PSPortable
Last edited by Surenix on Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:19 pm

the highest capacity blue-ray disc as of right now, is i believe.....100 GB
now thats totaly insane. Plus i heard its cell chip is gonna be insane. But theres also a downside to blue-ray, cause the world never even use blue-ray before, so its gonna take em a long time ro produce games. But overall...........PLAYSTATION FOR LIFE!!!
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:42 pm

Dude, like I said, nothing will ever top the Playstation 3. Not X-Box 260, not Nintendo Revolution, nothing! Sony is the best! No one will ever top it's Playstation Portable. :wink: Sony Rules!!! =D>

*By the way, did anyone see the new handheld that Nintendo is going to release?

PSPortable
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:23 am

yea, its called the nintendo micro, they said and i quote "this will be the direct competitior to the psp". Like how on earth an in heaven is this going to compete against the psp?! This thing has a 2 inch screen, and plays cartridge games that are the same as the GBA. This thing is the same as the GBA, but it has adjustable light, a movie player (on a 2 inch screen! my gosh!, plus the system is so small, the battery is even smaller! making it possible to watch a movie for like 20-30 minutes) and the final difference is that it has a smaller screen than of the GBASP and the GBA.

So i ddo not see how it is possible AT ALL for this to be a competitor to the psp, i think nintendo has lost thier minds.
<<

Tree92

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:42 pm

plus GBA cartridgages have a capticaty less than a gigabit while PSP UMDs can hold 1.8 gigabyte, Nintendo micro stands no chance to the PSP:)

note: 8 giabits= 1 gigabyte, so PSP UMDs can hold about 16 times the amount of GBA cartridgages:)
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:51 pm

I never heard any quote saying the Micro was going to compete against PSP. You'd have to be nuts to even assume that. Nintendo just likes to give their customers a choice. The closest thing Nintendo has to compete with PSP is the DS. I personally think that if homebrew wasn't around I would be playing my DS more than my PSP. PSP is obviously more powerful, but DS is a sh*t more creative and ordinary.

Power doesn't always equal better. Xbox was more powerful than ps2 by a hell of alot. Hell, gamecube is more powerful than ps2 when you look at specs (granted I like GC over ps2). I think ps3 will do well obviously. I also think that xbox360 will blow it out of the water with the online services. So far Sony has confirmed their online service to be free like previous service. That means there will be no funds to back them up.

But what the hell do I know LOL. I'm just a Nintendo/XBOX fan who likes the PSP.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:17 pm

what won me over to the ps2 was the controller i mean i didnt know at the time that u could play games on a console over the net so i gotta ps2, i think, even its not a powerful as xbox or gb, it has to most comfortable control of all, and more variaty of games.
<<

Tree92

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:22 pm

My whole family likes sony and sony only my dad hates microsoft so I cant/wont get an X-Box and /or a XB 360
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:42 pm

Yeah, the PS2 is an awesome home system. Gamecube has one sweet game like Resident Evil 4. Hehe..i love it..but xbox is ok,...but like I said...SONY ALL THE WAY!

PSPortable
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:54 pm

justinwoodypond wrote:I never heard any quote saying the Micro was going to compete against PSP. You'd have to be nuts to even assume that. Nintendo just likes to give their customers a choice. The closest thing Nintendo has to compete with PSP is the DS. I personally think that if homebrew wasn't around I would be playing my DS more than my PSP. PSP is obviously more powerful, but DS is a sh*t more creative and ordinary.

Power doesn't always equal better. Xbox was more powerful than ps2 by a hell of alot. Hell, gamecube is more powerful than ps2 when you look at specs (granted I like GC over ps2). I think ps3 will do well obviously. I also think that xbox360 will blow it out of the water with the online services. So far Sony has confirmed their online service to be free like previous service. That means there will be no funds to back them up.

But what the hell do I know LOL. I'm just a Nintendo/XBOX fan who likes the PSP.

welll, im am positive that ive heard nintendo say this. Ive read it on gamespot a few months back, and immediately posted a thread about this in the old psp forums i used to go to. So i am certain they said that.

I dont like either the xbox nor gamecube, no ofense. But i used to be a nintendo fan, long ago.... I just find that nintendo tend to have the same kind of games for every system, such as mario, yoshi island, metroid, zelda and such. You notice that these kind of games are somewhat the same in every version dont you? Im not saying they are exactly the same, but somewhat the same. Like link, he has the same weapons, same moves, same fighting style, etc. Comming all the way back to NES. It has been the same thing over and over with most of these games. Mario, he jumps, goes in sewers and collects coins, and ends up beating the sh*t out of bowser, and it was the same back in NES. You see what i mean?
But nintendo is learning, they made a new zelda game, which intrigues me, they followed final fantasy's footsteps with this one.

the reason why i like PS2 better, is because even though the game has the same name, it is totaly different from its older version. Like final fantasy. Every single one (excluding the ones for nintendo, because they are all the same) has a different story line, different characters, new moves, new graphics and style, new music and more.

Sorry to say, but i dont find the DS creative, nor do i find the psp creative. DS is bulkier than the psp, and has no style (by no style, i mean when you open it, its just 2 big rectangles) And i dont find the touch screen that creative at all. Touch screen has been around for like about 15 years now. Nothing special. But it is somewhat new, and i give nintendo credit for that.

Im thinking of getting a DS, cause it has some games that intrigue me. But im still not sure, i may just buy another 1 gig.

I just dont like the graphics of the DS at all. Ive played a demo of one of the games (has yoshi as the main character, so i think its yoshi's island) And the graphics where not so great. If you look at the graphics, you will find it kinda boxy.

I dont mean to upset you in any way, but I personaly dont like the DS. If the form factor is much smaller and could actually fit in a regular pocket on your pants, then sure, i would buy a DS.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:34 pm

Next Gen Console wars. Lets see... The Xbox 360 will without a doubt be the best. Its coming out a good 6 to 8 months sooner than the PS3, and really is not that much weaker. Do you people not realize that the size of the disk doesn't matter that much! I mean for god sakes, if someone can actually use 100gb up for a game, please inform me. Plus, I believe the PS3 has 7 3.2ghz chips, OK thats a lot. But lets not forget the Xbox is repping 4 3.4ghz chips, and that isnt to far behind... Plus, Xbox is significantly easier to develop for from what I've gathered. They will also already be into their second generation of game making by the time PS3 comes out. I think we will actually have better graphics on the Xbox than on the PS3 for at least a good year into the PS3 release, when devs actually learn how to make games and utilze the hardware well. Plus, I believe the Xbox is confirmed to have at least one of its models going for 300 dollars. Though the price for the PS3 is yet to be confirmed, I really think that we may end up seeing a unit that costs more than 300 bucks, a big anti-seller. To be honest, I actually think the Revolution may outsell it! They at least are being honest about their approach, not faking graphics power, and talking loads of smack.. O well thats my two cents.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:43 pm

Well I'll be honest. PS3 will be more powerful than xbox360/revolution combined. Thats almost undoubtable. But like I said earlier, power isn't everything. The reason Sony is adding all this crazy sh*t in the system is because they want it to last longer than the typical lifespan of consoles. Sony said 6-10 years they want it to last. They also have been quoted at E3 to say the price of the ps3 ("PS3 will be very expensive.") I can post the quote if you'd like. They're not going to use all those crazy donkey capabilities from the beginning. 100gigs? Ya it's possible, but thats not happening any time soon. They're preparing for the future. Like I said earlier I think what will beat PS3 is Xbox's online functionality. It so personalized it's rediculous. With Nintendo who knows. I just hope they don't alienate themselves. That's all im expecting from the big N. And to say that they make rehashes of old games may be true in some ways. But I've never felt like I'm playing the same game with the "sequels" unless they are TRUE sequels. Ok, 3 GTA's and what is the big difference? Nothing. So that argument isn't really all that great. All 3 platforms are full of re-hashes. There's hardly any game that hasn't spawned from another game. Almost like movies today. They're either re-makes or really sh*t sequels. Same with music. All they can come up with is bland emo bands who don't write their own music. Society can't think of anything good. At least Nintendo is making quality games. Smash brothers was AMAZING. Wind Waker, awesome and totally far from all the other Zelda's. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was fantastic and once again, different from all the others in ways that PS2 and even Xbox wouldn't try. I don't know really what I'm trying to say anymore. LOL. I'm done.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:19 pm

Terdinglage wrote:Next Gen Console wars. Lets see... The Xbox 360 will without a doubt be the best. Its coming out a good 6 to 8 months sooner than the PS3, and really is not that much weaker. Do you people not realize that the size of the disk doesn't matter that much! I mean for god sakes, if someone can actually use 100gb up for a game, please inform me. Plus, I believe the PS3 has 7 3.2ghz chips, OK thats a lot. But lets not forget the Xbox is repping 4 3.4ghz chips, and that isnt to far behind... Plus, Xbox is significantly easier to develop for from what I've gathered. They will also already be into their second generation of game making by the time PS3 comes out. I think we will actually have better graphics on the Xbox than on the PS3 for at least a good year into the PS3 release, when devs actually learn how to make games and utilze the hardware well. Plus, I believe the Xbox is confirmed to have at least one of its models going for 300 dollars. Though the price for the PS3 is yet to be confirmed, I really think that we may end up seeing a unit that costs more than 300 bucks, a big anti-seller. To be honest, I actually think the Revolution may outsell it! They at least are being honest about their approach, not faking graphics power, and talking loads of smack.. O well thats my two cents.

the xbox is comming this november, and the ps3 is comming on march, so i dont see 6-8 months between that. And no, the size of the disc doesnt matter, the current disc (which is 30 gigs?) should be way more than enough. And graphics isnt all to the system you know, correct me if im wrong, but ive read in electronic gaming magazine, that PS2's were sold more than xbox. I cant remember the correct percentage, for this was a few months back. There was a pie chart showing the percentage of systems sold in north america. PS2 was 63%, xbox was in the 20 something % and gamecube was around 10% Now dont believe this percentage, cause my memory isnt that good. But it was something like this, i know for sure, that PS2 was more than half.
how do you know that the revolution isnt going to fake its graphics power too? Nintendo hasnt been revealed yet, so who knows.
The thing about nintendo is that they keep us in the dark about what they are up to. If they would reveal what they are doing, then there systems would be alot better. Like the gamecube for example, they kept it in secret and it became a big failure in market wise.
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:27 pm

I dont know why your flaming me, for the most part I agree with you. What I said was the PS3 is gonna be effed because of a pricetag larger than 300 dollars...
PreviousNext

Return to PlayStation Portable