Ridge Racer and Darkstalkers

<<

Rogue

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:00 pm

Ridge Racer and Darkstalkers

Ridge Racer

i have to to tell you, i enjoy this game more than i enjoyed som of the more popular raceing games. Mostly do to its "pick-up-and-play" design. the UI is excellent, with only a few minutes of playing i was drifting, passing, and punching the nitro like a pro. i found that car designs wheren't as customizable as i had hoped when getting the game, but it maintains its dedication to the arcade feel of the general design. I enjoy the ability of opening new tracks and tours, the music wasn't to bad either. tho i do wish i could play the music without haveing to play the game.(would be great to do my martial arts to) the Rally X game is a nice retro diversion, but it grows old fast. (i must hand it to the developers that the option to play it both during loading AND in the game itself was excelent.)
during the first 10 tours i found the track slightly reduntant do to the fact that they where the same tracks tweaked to change how you view them, going backwards, forwards, slightly redirected. I was able to recognize alot of the tracks quickly. although there are enough, "template tracks" to make a very heavy variaty, i found it very nice.

Run Down
good: music, control, and graphics are great.
bad: not much, but a few more prizes would be nice
overall: 9.5

Dark Stalkers chronicle : the chaos tower

I have always had a love for this game, in its other incarnations. Been a fan of SNK and Capcom (2d forever!!!!!) since before i can remember clearly. and the i must admit, i was slightly disapointed with this one. although they stay true to all of the franchise. the "chaos tower" element is added as a after thought, but its playable. I beileve the person that greenlighted this game over at Capcom was takeing after Mortal kombat deception with its chess and other modes of play. you essentially play in levels in a tower or ladder format, with aspects like perfect,super, combo, and EX ko's giving way to new levels and more prizes, being illustrations and movies. you can save your progress. its overal a nice distraction.

Rundown
good: classic darkstalkers in portable form.
bad: its annoying how there is nothing new, need stuff
overall: 8.1

thats my opinion
--Rogue
<<

spdemon06951

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:36 pm

ridge racer gets the thubs up :D but i d k about darkstalkers i dont like 2d fighting games much any more.

Return to PlayStation Portable