psp ice silver slim - need some help

<<

MEPHiST0

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:07 pm

psp ice silver slim - need some help

hey i bought the psp slim, daxter version..
ill have it soon, acouple days.
dont know why but i can find any full, direct info on installing this firmware on this psp slim, and i wanna make sure i know what im doin..

so would someone please help me out with getting uhm.. the custom firmware on it so i can enjoy homebrew and iso and custom themes and other goodies? :)

links to what tools i need ect, to get it installed and working on my psp?

i was gonna buy one on ebay with the firmware already installed.. but i decided to just get a new one..
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:06 am

Well since you bought a slim one, now you need either another psp with a custom firmware on it or you need to know how to solder.
Either way you get to it, you need to make a pandora's battery & magic memory stick to install a custom firmware on it. Trust me, there's great tutorials in the tutorials section on how to do it. There's also an article on the frontpage on how to do the solder method. Sounds easy to me, but I know how to solder so yea.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

MEPHiST0

Young Brewer

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:34 am

yikes, hardware changes :X

so i make those changes and them i can install custom firmwares?

well soldering isnt hard at all, i checked in the tut's as well.. the pandoras battery thing and magic memory stick, is kinda confusing ..
well ill be back in acouple days when i have my psp, thanks
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:15 am

Yup, actually making those changes is what installs the custom firmware. You make the magic memory stick, and pandora's battery using the soldering method, then you stil the battery in your psp with the memory stick, press X or whatever on the screen that comes up and then you take out the memory stick and put in a good fresh battery (Or reversed pandora) and when you tunr on your psp you should have custom firmware installed. Ask if you don't understand anything.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

MEPHiST0

Young Brewer

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:13 pm

What you will need:

1. Preferably a second PSP battery, made by Sony, and operating at 3.6V ~ 1800 mAh.

i know this battery ill have is the 1200mAh , and i also read i can use the 1800mAh battery if i leave the battery back off.

two questions here, because i am a n00b on this psp stuff.. am i gonna need another battery? and what firmware should i use for this slim psp? you honestly got me kinda confused when you said "actually making those changes is what installs the custom firmware.".

but besides this, all i do is make acouple solders, and follow the directions from this tut: http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9208
and that is it?

still alittle confused, yea im a n00b at this psp
but when i finish successfully, maybe ill contribute somethings to the site
<<

MEPHiST0

Young Brewer

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:01 pm

so hey i now have my black PSP with custom firmware on it... why did you say that i will need another PSP with CFW to get CFW on my slim PSP? im confused about that
PSP - phat Black - v3.52 m33-4
PSP - Slim silver - on its way

Return to PSP Help