Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Upgrading with custom firmware

<<

yepimbored

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:31 am

Upgrading with custom firmware

Well I got custom firmware awhile ago but now I need to upgrade to be able to play patapon. I don't really know alot about it.

I have:

3.40 OE A with 1.50 custom firmware

BUT

I need to upgrade to 3.71

How do I upgrade with custom firmware? Whenever I Put in a newer UMD it wants to update the custom firmware and not the real...
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:57 am

You will need to go to the downloads area and get the "firmware" editions, get each new one till you get back to that and then you'll have to find the official updates and label each one with their respective firmware like: firmware 3.80 from Eboot.pbp -> 380.pbp. just so you know which each one is, and you'll need them when upgrading to the respective custom firmware. Sorry if this isn't clear, it's hard to upgrade when you are several updates behind, as a lot of them only update from the previous one, so you'll have to upgrade a few times to catch up.

3.40 OE-A.. hmm.. well i was only on 3.30 OE-B i think around new year, you should be able to jump to 3.80 m33, but I think you have to get an earlier m33 first like 3.52 m33 if I'm correct.
Either way, each firmware update will tell you which firmware you need to get to that one, so just work backwards like I said and ask again if you have any problems!
<<

yepimbored

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 am

"then you'll have to find the official updates and label each one with their respective firmware like: firmware 3.80 from Eboot.pbp -> 380.pbp. just so you know which each one is, and you'll need them when upgrading to the respective custom firmware."

This is where I got lost...

Well for the download section, I get the updates for 3.40 and keep the 1.50 where it's at right?
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:03 pm

yeah cos the custom firmware basically needs the official firmware as a base to start from, so you have the official 1.50 firsmware and the one you are upgrading to and the custom firmware for that one, there should be a "readme" for it when you download that will tell you where to put each file, as the locations can differ with each release. I think i skipped 3.40 and went from 3.30 OE-B (or C or whatever) straight to 3.52 m33 or something then onto 3.80 m33.
but since you're at 3.40 you should have a general idea for how it works right?

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew