magic memory stick not working

<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:00 am

magic memory stick not working

Hi I'm trying to create the magic stick - using 1gb memory stick pro duo (magic gate).
using these instructions:
http://pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10137

all works fine till I run app called "Despertar del Cementerio" Hit "X" to load it. I get the 371 unpacking... then I get something like
Building IPL – incorrect 1.50 and it exits the app and the can't see the memory stick anymore - till I put it in a slim and format it.

Please let me know where i can get the correct 1.5 version - I used this one. http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=163&catid=163url

Thanks
yeahman :(
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:10 am

Juts download the U.P.M.S and it comes with evrything you need to create a pandoras battery and a magic memory stick http://www.badongo.com/file/5552706
XBL: Darksleem
PSN: Teh_Sleem
Feel free to add me on either.

<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 am

THANKS

yip it looks alot easier - however I appear to make a pandora battery and magic stick fine - I'm struggling to get the slim to downgrade

I don't quite understand what they mean by this:
1st Turn the psp into hold mode switch the power down

must i power it off then put it into hold mode - then

3rd insert the memorystick and hold LTRIGGER
is this done with the power off or on? I'm assuming off with the hold mode still on

then:
4th Place the pandora battery in the psp
5th*WATCH THE MEMORYSTICK LIGHT WHEN IT FINSHES BLINKING LET GO LTRIGGER*

so do I have to hold the Ltrigger whilst trying to pull out the current battery and put the pandora one in?

please can you help me understand this better.
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:29 am

Ok basicly u switch the psp into hold easy then place mem stick into the psp then hold the left triger down then place the pandoras battery in the psp while holding the left trigger (this is all done while the psp is turned off). It should load its own menu without you having to turn on the psp manually u may relase ur finger from the left hand trigger once the mem stick status light goes out then very carefully move the power button of hold but do not turn the psp off. Once u are off hold u should have the menu and just select the option that sets you psp to f/w version 3.71m33-2.

<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:38 am

thanks again

loud and clear - thank you very much. OK I follow that all, however when I place and pandora battery in I don't get the memery card light or menu - I get a green power light and the lcd sort of goes lightish grey then disappears and then nothing - let go left finger nothing still - it's not bricked either as the other battery boots it fine.

OK I'm guessing the pandora battery isn't working or the magic stick isn't working
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:42 am

hmmm this is odd are you sure the battery is inserted correctly? And the correct mem stick is in, if they are it would have prob been an error in the making of them so u may have missed a step somewhere long the way.

<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:16 am

you were right

it was the connection to the battery - if I held it tight the menu comes up - however I lost my grip and now I think i've bricked the psp. trying again
<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:18 am

it runs the custom 3.71 upgrade but bombs out saying psar decode error - ps x0x ect - it won't get past this point, any ideas?
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:18 am

=S dang that must suck i hope it works but it still should cause pandoras can unbrick psp's anyway.

<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:30 am

yeah it brings up that menu easily enough - how do i try running another operating system on it like 360 m33 perhaps? as I understand it's bricked now cos I can't boot with normal battery - can I just run a firmware upgrade on it? I gotta give my mates battery back now, think i'll unpandora that
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:33 am

i dnt know about running other f/w's on slims other then 3.71m33-2 or higher official f/w because i run 3.52m33-4 on my phat so not much experiance with slim psp's so i cant rly help about that but its prob best to just run on the 3.71m33-2.

But it should be fine if you pm one of the more experianced psp brewers like ace or dpm when the come online.

<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:09 pm

thanks for all your help so far. I've tried this one too without success - maybe it's my battery I need to pandora again.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/591203 - this time I can't boot into the menu.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:56 pm

before you insert your battery...flip the power switch to hold then put the battery in while holding the L trigger. Once the green light goes off take your battery out, flip the switch back to its normal position and insert your battery while holding the L trigger. It should boot fine after doing that...kinda weird i know, but yeah it should work.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:57 am

tried and failed

thanks for the advise - however I tried it - this time got a different menu before the usual menu - however I get to upgrade to CFW option and it runs untill
it load psar into ram and fails saying

psar decode error - ps x0x1a5220 - however this error has changed number a few times 0xabde4203 ect - I've posted this on another thread and tried 3 different methods of debricking without success - see here?

http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10711
<<

yeahman

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 pm

solution found - it was a dodgy memory stick

Yip it was the stick, I got a friend around who's been pandora'ing these for a while - ran the same things off a different stick and walla I now have a slim working with 3.71 M33-4

Thanks for all you help.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew