Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Sony Custom Theme Converter 1.2.0.0 (help?)

<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm

Sony Custom Theme Converter 1.2.0.0 (help?)

Hi guys,

I recently discovered that when Sony releases FW 3.80, they had also released this cool tiny application called the Sony Custom Theme Converter, where you can select all the background images and icons to your heart's content and make your own ptf XMB theme.

Anyways, I am having trouble doing it correctly, because the darn instructions are in Japanese. Now the user interface of the application can be set to any language (English also), but without the instructions in English, I don't know what the sizes of the pictures and icons should be.

Has anyone any clue where I can locate the English instructions manual?

Here is the link to download this Custom Theme Converter--so far the most recent version I found is 1.2.0.0.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/dl/to ... _Theme.zip

Below is a screenshot.

Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:39 pm

I think someone has found it: http://www.psp-vault.com/UpDownload-req ... d-2151.psp -- I am downloading it right now as I type this, will confirm if it is or not. Hope this helps.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:14 pm

Try using a translator. copy/paste the Japanese to the Google translator or something and then make it translate to English.
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks, but the link I provided on my second post did in fact was a translation of the Japanese manual. So it works.. thanks

I am having issues making a PNG color icon to replace the First Level icons. I am choosing 64x48 pixels like it says, but somehow I get an error when I try it. The funny thing is that if I convert my color icons to black and white, then it will work. I am wondering how to convert PNG files to be under 256 colors? Maybe I am not doing something right? Any help my way would be great.

Do you guys know if other people are using a different kind of program better than this Sony release of a Custom Theme application?
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks! I also found out that the picture program I have (which is also free) IrFranview does this also when you go to the options and reduce the quality of the image, choose 256 colors and you are set.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew