<<

Salzgablah

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 am

After pandora....

Ok so i have 3.73 OF, i bought a new battery and going to pandora it. Seems easy enough, watched the videos and read the tutorials. Does the MMS install CFW 1.50? or once i pandora it i have to install CFW of my own before i can do anything w/ my psp?

I am primarily doing this to backup my psp games on my 4 gig stick and to play FFVII (guessing ill need to rip into a ISO) but what do i need to play it? which CFW is best for me? and will i need a "emulator" to play PS1 games?

I see that 3.02 OE is what is needed to play PSX games, do the later CFW also have the the features of past CFW with new additions?

Thanks
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:44 am

1: Depends on how you made the memory stick. Some programs put you at 1.5, others go to various CFW versions. But either way, it is easy to get to the latest CFW.

2: An emulator is unecessary to run PS1 games. You would use a program called popstation to convert them to EBOOT format, then run them under GAME. Most games don't work so well, so a plugin called popsloader makes things work. It's easy to install, too.

3: From personal experience, I would say to go to 3.90M33-3. Has the features of all past CFW and current OFW, and can run all popsloader versions.
Any other questions?
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

Salzgablah

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:45 pm

actually yes, i was talking to a buddy who has CFW on his and he was saying that the high CFW like 3.9 do not have "easy" installation. Any thoughts on the matter? im sure there is a tutorial on installing CFW 3.90m33-3 from 1.5?

Also, some CFW seem to only be a stepping ground from one CFW to another, not a jump from 1.5 to what you want. Any way around this to go from 1.5 to 3.9?
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:27 am

I don't exactly get that, it's easy. If you make a pandora battery and put the program called Despertar del Cementario version 5 on the magic memory stick, you can go straight to 3.90m33-3.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew