Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

region code

<<

JOK3R

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:33 pm

region code

I have a psp slim and i had cfw 3.80 m33-4 and i was trying to get 1.50 and i bricked it . I unbricked it but now it don`t have a mac address and it tells me that the region code is not correct i look all over the the internet but can`t find anything that could help me out . i even try to install despertar del cementerio v7 to my psp but it don`t let me do anything on my psp.
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME
<<

JOK3R

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:42 am

Hi All,

I'm really struggling with this and I would really appriciate some help!

I've been messing about with my PSP and somehow I think I've managed to wipe the IDStorage. I think I have done this because I cannot start applications as I get the error message "The game cannot be started. The region code is not correct" Plus I can no longer see my MAC address...

So after some research on the net, I discovered that Despertar del Cementerio v7 can regenerate the IDStorage. Though how can I do this when I can't even start the application with the region wiped/corrupted?

I tried booting into recovery mode (Pressing R and holding the power button) and tried setting Fake Region and Free UMD Region in the configuration menu, but this didn't help.

Also, I don't have a NAND backup... which doesn't help much....

Has anyone got any idea's on how to run DC7 up so I can regenerate my IDStorage?

Thanks a bunch!

thats how it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woX6Ohv4ujE
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:02 pm

how did you unbrick it in the first place?

If you already have a pandora battery, then you wont need to run anything from your psp. You just need to install the DC7 files to your memory stick and when you boot up DC7 go into the NAND Tools section.

If you don't have a pandora battery try going into recovery and formatting your flash1 this will return all the saved "preferred" settings back to the default settings and might fix your region code issue.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

archie120

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:38 pm

If you have deleted/messed up your id storage and mac address etc you will need a pandora battery and DCv7/8 on your ms to fix the problem. You will need to boot up the ms and select the option to regenerate IDstorage (this should fix your problem) just running any of the Desperta applications will not regenerate the nand or mac address.
<<

JOK3R

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:23 pm

my pandora battery is broken now but i also have phat psp with cfw can i use it to fix it or not
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:20 pm

if you have another battery that you can make into a pandora then yes.

what exactly is "broken" with your old pandora?
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

JOK3R

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:55 pm

the chip came out when my cousin throw it
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm

oh damn lol guess that ones not salvagable.

Yeah youre going to have to pandorize another battery.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew