Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

New PSP has 5.02 all I want to do is emulate NES/SNES

<<

ellac49

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:29 am

New PSP has 5.02 all I want to do is emulate NES/SNES

Just broke down and got a used PSP online, Firmware 5.02. Tried to install emulators and from what I've read on this site(Homebrew) Sony has royally screwed me with this newer firmware so emulators will not run. Is this true? If anyone can help me out with this matter I have a ton of roms I'd love to share... even if you can't help me out. anyways, if we own a device, we should have the right to do what we want with it.. I'm sick of big companies capitalizing on us and making sure to ring every dollar out of us. Again, any help would be great, all i want is to install an emulator for NES and if possible SNES. I love playing my old games on my PC and thought I could do it on a PSP so I dropped $200.. Peace
Do what you do, as I do what I do...in peace
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:27 pm

You will have to downgrade the PSP using a Pandora's Battery, and a Magic Memory Stick.

You can do it on the PSP, and much more. You can check out our downgrading tutorials on the site for more info.
由美子
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Yea, make sure u have an extra battery..
Well, now that i think of it, i dunno if u need an extra battery anymore.

also, curse you Yumiko!
5 more gamerscore!
<<

ellac49

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:15 pm

No luck yet

So my pandora Battery seems to be doing what is needed, It turns the PSP 2000 on when it's plugged in and I see others have had just a black screen. I'm not sure if I did the memory card right but from what it seems I have. I'm really lost on the next step and I have not found a single (that's bad for the internet) person who has confirmed they have 5.02 and were able to downgrade to anything. I understand I MUST have a CFW but I have not had any luck flashing my current firmware. What steps would be needed in chronological order?

magic memory card
insert modded battery then what? I just have a black screen and if I try to plug the power in and then insert batt. it just says pandora software is corrupt and can not run... any help would just be wonderful... and I am grateful for the tips below and if anyone can further assist me...

Thank you
Do what you do, as I do what I do...in peace
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:01 am

uhhh you're kinda screwed...pandora wont work on slims with a TA 88v3 motherboard. and if you have a 5.02 firmware slim straight out of the box, then chances are that it has the TA88v3.

Youre most likely getting that message about pandora being corrupt as well because sony patched the pandora files so that it will only read them if they are signed coding...in other words, since the pandora files werent created by sony they wont work.

So unless its an older model that you were sold that had been upgraded to 5.02 then youre stuck on official firmware for a while (or at least until they find a new exploit)
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Puncharger wrote:Yea, make sure u have an extra battery..

also, curse you Yumiko!
5 more gamerscore!

I'm winning. [=
由美子
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Yumiko wrote:
Puncharger wrote:Yea, make sure u have an extra battery..

also, curse you Yumiko!
5 more gamerscore!

I'm winning. [=

Just wait till he rents Avatar >.>
<<

SPARKY81795

Young Brewer

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:52 pm

style notes

did you make sure to hold the left trigger when you put the battery in?? if not all you'll get is a blank screen.
PSP-1001, CFW 5.02 OME, PSP-2001 CFW 5.00 M33-6, PSP 3001(uh the screen is very nice if you ignore the scan lines), Ps2 Clear Cased modded, running MC Exploit 320gig HD. Xbox halo edition, running soft mod with a 160 gig HD, 360 elite ofw, ps3 ofw. I still have no idea what I'm doing!

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew