Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

totally clueless

<<

darkcat1

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 am

totally clueless

Hi I just got a used PSP 1001 and it was already hacked. It had some pirate PSP games on the memory stick...which I got rid of...because I don't want to be a software pirate(personal preference)...

Anyway after playing with google I figured out how to update to the latest M33 firmware(it's now 5.00 M33-6 where it was 3.90 m33 when I got it...I wanted the playstation store and the PS3 link stuff...ok?) since I wasn't sure I wanted to unhack it(by loading sony's firmware) but that method is not really working for me when I try to find homebrew apps. If you can answer my questions please do so...or point me at a tutorial...

1. I downloaded a PSP demo for the PS store but it wouldn't start. It didn't really worry me that much since it was just a demo, but I'm worried that if I get PS one classics or full games that they won't start. Do I have to fix them somehow or it's just a quirk?

2. What are good places to find apps and what are the good apps(including some emulators...hey I have a nice game collection)? like I said I've been trying to google stuff for awhile now...

3. How do I load Playstation 1 ISOs? (I have a nice library of PSX disks thank you!)

4. probably bad but I can't find the PSX ISO dumper either(hey they are my PSX disk copies and I'll use them however I want to!)

like I said if you just wana point me to a tutorial that would be nice...but it better be a good one ^^
<<

uberusmaximus

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:04 am

i guess you didnt notice there was a downloads section on this site.

you can find emulators here: http://psp.brewology.com/?page=downloads&cid=3632 but since you dont know all the funky names for the emulatore: http://dl.qj.net/Emulators-PSP-/catid/111 might be a little easier of a page to navigat.

as for psx games ill send you a pm.

but what firmware do you have right now? m33 or official? you made it sound like you updated to a sony firmware.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 am

1. Cant help you there, never downloaded anything from the ps store yet.

2. You can find them in our download section, or on qj.net

3 & 4. You need to use a program like auto popstation to convert your psx iso files to eboot and keys files. Should be a few video tutorials floating around on youtube.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew