GameCube Bootleg?

<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:00 pm

GameCube Bootleg?

Recently I was going through my closet finding things to sell, when i stumbled upon my old psp. (Yes i am a noob) I was going to sell it then quickly fell in love with it. (Again) I remembered at that moment an old WIRED article i read about bootlegging gamecube games and N64 and such. Back then i had a computer not worth the cost of it parts and could not bootleg anything. Now with a new computer i went to wired and found this: Sony's PlayStation Portable delivers games to your hot little hands. And, better yet, hackers have found a way to play bootleg Nintendo and Sega Genesis titles on PSPs running OS 1.50 (later releases are patched). And it's easy.

1. Download
Use a PC or Mac to download software from PSPbrew.com that lets PSP emulate old consoles. Unzip the file to get the PSP folder on the desktop. Search Google or a P2P net�work for games using the keyword ROM, like so: "ROM Mario." Copy the game to the PSP folder.

2. Upload
Tether the PSP to the computer with a USB cable. Select "Settings > USB Connection" from the PSP main menu to mount the PSP's Memory Stick as a drive on the computer. Copy the PSP folder with the emulators and games to the Memory Stick.

3. Play
From the PSP main menu, select "Games > Memory Stick." The emulator warez should be listed. Run one and use it to browse the Memory Stick for games. Watch out - those turtles still move pretty quickly!

- Brian Lam.

So my question is what is the program to bootleg that is available here? I NEED HELP

-A noob in need :?: :?:
Trying leads to failing...
<<

desann23

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:31 am

This is useful Thxs
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:53 am

Okay, you've fallen way behind.
People can use homebrew on almost any firmware. The firmware is the software version not the OS like you stated.
The programs use to play old games are called emulators and the games are called ROM's.
1.5 is sooo old that people don't make games for it anymore.
Here's some emulators that work on 1.5, though.
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Systems_and_ ... wtopic=519
Scroll down until you see 1.5 in big, bold font.
Look for the game system you want to emulate and download that game.
Put it onto your PSP memory card like you said in your above post.
Next, you need some roms.
I'd suggest using Google or joining the website I just posted above and looking in the Download Section for the ROM's Section.
When you download ROM's, the extension to the file would be corresponding to the system.
An example is that a GBA ROM will have the extension .GBA but usually sites have downloads as .ZIP and the ROM's are inside them.
Get the ROM out of the .ZIP file and put them in the ROM/ folder within the emulator's folder inside the GAME/ folder.
Sometimes the emulators don't have ROM/ folders, so you would just put the ROM's inside the emulator's folder inside the GAME/ folder.
Hope this helps!
If you want to be able to play more recent games and emulators and home-made games, you can update your PSP a special way to be able to do this. Your PSP will have more functionalities like a web browser and RSS reader.
:D
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:57 pm

I have to say thanks as that is really helpful, but my system is 2.0 i believe, and i do have internet:shock:. If there is another form i will try it. In fact if you could post what to do for 2.0 i would be even happier. :D but as i said ty for taking the previous time.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Well, you need one of the following to get homebrew on your PSP:
# Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
# A friend with a PSP with homebrew on his
# Lumines
# The 2.70 update

I'd suggest you get the 2.70 update, update your PSP to that, then download the 3.50 OE update, run that, then, update to 5.00 M33.
I don't know where the tutorials are for this, but I know someone here does.
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Update?

You know how you said update to 5.03? Well as we speak i am upgrading to 5.03, apparently my system was higher then i thought? Does this affect what you said? (Also, being the noob that i am, i am unsure how to get the psp located as a drive! Is there a step beyond Settings--->USB CONNECTION---->then when in a usb it giving you the message USB mode?)

-An extreme Noob in extreme need :cry:
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 pm

5.03 M33!!!!!!
The original firmware 5.03 will not work and will not allow you to use homebrew!!!!
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Woopsy... classic look before you leap right there...

If you did upgrade using the Sony 5.03 update, then your only option is the pandora battery method. There are tutorials on it in our PSP tutorials section and literally hundreds upon hundreds of guides, videos, and pointers posted all around teh internets. Google is your friend.

And next time do a little research yourself. If you know a little bit about what you're doing it helps to avoid mistakes. Don't just go for the quick fix!
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:17 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: GOD DAMNIT! ***************************************** sigh...now i need to do pandora **** oh but otherwise ty! the home brew worked. Save for my mem card being to small im getting bigger one tomorrow. Ah well time to downgrade. (Contemplates killing bunnies) :twisted:
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Well, pandora is really the way to go. After you have everything for it, you are set if anything happens. you will be able to fix your own psp!
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:53 am

Anything left?

Thank You all for guiding a hopeless nooblet through his first PsP hack. But as you said i should do all the research first.
1. Is there any preferred firmware to downgrade to.
2. When I say i have everything in order and i just need more memory, I mean I have a N64 Emulator and SSB in the rom folder, all i need to do is drag and drop into the memory card right?
3. I'm not that a slow learner :P

Once again Thank You,
I'm getting bigger memory today
<<

1/-0

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Just use the pandora to downgrade to 1.50, then download the 5.00 M33 Update from darkalex and run it, or you could use a auto installer, which will put you at X.XX m33 without having to downgrade, but you still need the pandora battery. In my sig I have a link to where you can get one for cheap.
2.50 PSP<3.50<3.95<<<<3.90m33<4.01 m33<5.00 m33
Killzone Liberation name:Babamthegrunt add me
I'll rape you with my helpfullness
Need a pandora battery for cheap, willing to wait about 2 weeks to get it? click Here A comprehensive list of Apps for n00bs link
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm

I really wish people would get their facts straight... the pandora method has NOTHING to do with downgrading. We dont downgrade anymore! Pandora does a straight reflash of the PSPs firmware. Thats why it can be used to recover from bricks. It doesnt matter what firmware is on your PSP as Pandora can be used to wipe it out.

Just use the latest M33 firmware. Theres not really such a thing as "the best psp firmware" as there is only one person frequently pumping out firmwares.
<<

scrogginess

Young Brewer

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:58 am

Well I have checked out the Pandora tutorials, and well they seem complicated as opposed to something I think i can do. Tell me if this is an easy alternative to Pandora or am I just being an idiot. :roll:

Well I have an old copy of "Coded Arms," and well it has an upgrade (or downgrade anyway) to 1.5 firmware. Should i roll with that...OR just get my friends brothers Psp, pry out its battery, use my old mem card and my new 4gig one and do the godDamned Pandora method?

(also when i do USB mode the psp is in my PC, it doesnt show up under computers. Am i once again just being an idiot? I have inserted the SD card so if there is something wrong easy answer.)

P.S. This will be, and i sware to my PSP, my last post on this forum involving a question! Any more will be thanks! :lol:
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:19 pm

You can buy a Pandora's battery online.
You won't be able to use an update to a firmware lower than your current one. It wouldn't work.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew