Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

PSP: Unable to scroll through the home screen (semi brick??)

<<

Jinx44

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:56 pm

PSP: Unable to scroll through the home screen (semi brick??)

Im sorry if there is another post similar to mine, but Im having problems with my PSP. The firmware is 3.80 m33-5. The thing with this psp is that when I get to the main screen (HOME screen) I am unable the scroll through the icons, it freezes, but I can still increase the volume.

I have tried the recovery but that does not work, it gives me an error. I have tried the universal unbricker and that does not work. I also tried going back to firmware 3.80, when this is done the psp works fine, its just that I cannot enter any text, like the name of the psp. The text screen pops up for like a second then it disappears. And when I play a game using the UMD I can not go back HOME, when I press the HOME button the psp freezes, but I can still increase the volume.

Its like the buttons don't work, excpet for the volume buttons when the psp is in the custome firmware. I heard it has something to do with the theme or somthing like that, but Im not sure how that works. IF ANYONE HAD EXPEREINCED THIS PLEASE GIVE ME A HAND.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Very weird. Never heard of anything like this before...
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:11 am

I was going to say broken digitals, but the CFW change disproves that. This has got me stumped.
<<

Jinx44

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:29 am

Im confused too, this is the first time it happend. One day Im playing a game and then it freezes, then the next thing you know you can't even scroll through the icons. It makes the psp render useless ... (literarily). I don't suppose there is a way to reformate the psp itself?? I don't know ... with flash.
<<

C4LV1N

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Has your psp ever encountered with liquid?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:48 pm

The last few sentences seemed to summarize what I was thinking the issue is. The problem is almost definitely coming from the flash0/vsh/resource folder. That is...

x:/flash0/vsh/resource

What I would try doing is going back to your "default" firmware. Whatever it was that the PSP came shipped with or as close as you can get to it. Next, I'd download a new copy for your firmware of choice and make sure that any patches to the firmware are done in the right order. Lastly, I'd use a new theme. Themes can be downloaded all over the internet. Make sure to get a compatible one for your firmware. It's possible that the theme you're trying to use is trying to call upon processes or tasks that the firmware you are on is unable to do or display properly.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Jinx44

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks I'll give it a try.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:01 am

He didn't mention changing anything in his Flash.
I would have told him to do the same thing.
<<

crackcandy

Young Brewer

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:03 am

I agree this is was a first time for me i would have just reset my firmware and not use that theme or any in that case i use the cxmb so no risk in bricking i hope for the best for you though man and do look into cxmb its easy to use

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew