MAIN reason I HATE apple.

<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 pm

I hate LG, apple, and BB... A hungry old man can't even get proper food these days without having to pay thousands... I went out to buy some food and there you have it, an apple for 600 $, a chocolate for 200 $, and a blackberry for 250 $ ... wtf?
-Formerly DCM
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 pm

~THE SZK~ wrote:I hate LG, apple, and BB... A hungry old man can't even get proper food these days without having to pay thousands... I went out to buy some food and there you have it, an apple for 600 $, a chocolate for 200 $, and a blackberry for 250 $ ... wtf?

I am sorry but that was just stupid......
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 pm

I LOL'd at it. :P
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm

i just read first page. that is EXACTLY why i started hating mac. over priced for WHAT. go ask any mac user. ANY ONE and they cant answer why they payed that. that or they are clueless idiots wo have no idea how ripped of they were
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm

shadox wrote:why do they charge that much?
i bought an imac for my family over 3 years ago. while i'm off at college, who knows what in the world my brother does on it, but when i gave him my old computer with windows about a year ago, he was able to infect it with viruses within the first day. there has never been a problem with our imac, not even once, and it is still as fast as the day it was taken out of the box years ago. you get what you pay for, and the only people who complain about the price are those who cannot afford it. and sadly enough, our imac runs windows 7 on it AT THE SAME TIME mac osx is running, just so me and my bro can play star wars galaxies on it. it's really sickening how much you guys trash talk and bicker over it.

and mailas, let's address this:
"These are the main reasons I hate apple products
- incompatibility
- slowdowns
- I hate the outer look + its stupid gloss effects, make me feel like its from outer space
- can be very unresponsive to the mouse (computers/laptops) at times
- this idiotic icon on the computers/laptops"

incompatibility? both my macbook pro and families imac run windows 7 at the same time as mac osc whenever you want to use it. have you ever heard of 'boot camp' or 'parallels'.. why don't you actually learn and research stuff before you trash talk it.
slowdowns? never has that ever happened to me, and i own 3 macs. where do you get this from? the gloss effects are your own opinion and personally, i like it. unresponsive mouse? if it is wireless, it takes 5 seconds to warm up from sleep mode, but other than that, you're just doing something wrong. and the idiotic icon? it's no different than the "idiotic" time glass.

he answered....
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:04 pm

airplanes18 wrote:i just read first page. that is EXACTLY why i started hating mac. over priced for WHAT. go ask any mac user. ANY ONE and they cant answer why they payed that. that or they are clueless idiots wo have no idea how ripped of they were

you're right, i have no idea; or maybe you are just too ignorant to look at things big picture.

also, let me through out there. i'm no mac fanboy. i use both windows, mac, and even used linux. i'm just stating the facts.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:07 pm

shadox wrote:
airplanes18 wrote:i just read first page. that is EXACTLY why i started hating mac. over priced for WHAT. go ask any mac user. ANY ONE and they cant answer why they payed that. that or they are clueless idiots wo have no idea how ripped of they were

you're right, i have no idea; or maybe you are just too ignorant to look at things big picture.

also, let me through out there. i'm no mac fanboy. i use both windows, mac, and even used linux. i'm just stating the facts.

Throw.....lol
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm

I've never had a virus on my computer and I've been running Windows for forever.... Are viruses the only reason people will pay 4 times the amount that they should for a Mac?
I'm running Leopard and Vista on my laptop, so it can't be that reason... And Photoshop has more functions in the Windows version, so it can't be for graphics...
<<

Mailas

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 pm

I honestly don't think this guys answer is true but its pretty funny:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 846AAEFgNV

The question was why does windows get viruses and macs dont?
His answer:
for virus makers the answer is simple attack the operating system which is Used by almost everyone -- and the operating system is none other but Windows .

:D
I don't really hate Linux, but it's just too funny.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:47 pm

mac is getting more now.... and have you ever seen a linux virus. i have yet to.

oh, and in apples contract, they tell you viruses are NOT covered, and if you get one, youre screwed. XD so thats nice to know you arent protected by anything.

and youre right mailas. more people use windows. its been around and more popular. but mac is (sadly) growing and ubuntu is skyrocketing. the server youre on right now? ubuntu server. and you also use linux every day. (every google product and most webservers)

@shadox, i wasnt being offensive, i meant your TYPICAL mac user. one who, like tyler said, get sucked in but morons at mac. there are the few that like mac for what it is and they know it like i know ubuntu. ive had a conversation with one mac user, and it was an intelligent conversation, and he agreed with me, windows and even ubuntu are much more compatible and better in most spots, but he has been with mac since the begining and he knows alot about them, so he can keep his running better than most windows users. users like him i have no issue with. tyler, you are one.

one thing i dont get is how mailas went FROM linux TO windows! XD
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Mailas

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:58 pm

airplanes18 wrote:mac is getting more now.... and have you ever seen a linux virus. i have yet to.

oh, and in apples contract, they tell you viruses are NOT covered, and if you get one, youre screwed. XD so thats nice to know you arent protected by anything.

and youre right mailas. more people use windows. its been around and more popular. but mac is (sadly) growing and ubuntu is skyrocketing. the server youre on right now? ubuntu server. and you also use linux every day. (every google product and most webservers)

@shadox, i wasnt being offensive, i meant your TYPICAL mac user. one who, like tyler said, get sucked in but morons at mac. there are the few that like mac for what it is and they know it like i know ubuntu. ive had a conversation with one mac user, and it was an intelligent conversation, and he agreed with me, windows and even ubuntu are much more compatible and better in most spots, but he has been with mac since the begining and he knows alot about them, so he can keep his running better than most windows users. users like him i have no issue with. tyler, you are one.

one thing i dont get is how mailas went FROM linux TO windows! XD

No I've always been a Windows user and always will be.
I only use Linux for testing certain things for compatibility, but very rarely.
I don't really hate Linux, but it's just too funny.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:02 pm

airplanes18 wrote:the MAC os is designed to run constantly, with little to no waiting. its SUPPOSED to keep doing things, such as Ubuntu does (something locks up, you can keep doing everything else and it isolates that one thing, allowing it to be closed WITHOUT WAITING LIKE WINDOWS)

Um, Windows 98 maybe, or if you're using a bad computer, but you'd have to spend R&D money just to try and make my computer slow down if something locks up - which also hardly EVER happens unless I'm playing a just-released PC game and the drivers are still being worked out.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: MAIN reason I HATE apple.

TheTyler0013 wrote:First off I love the iPhone (but love my ANDROID phone better) and MacbookPRO. Now what erks me about them is their stupidity, and lack of knowlage against their competition (wether they choose to admit they have it)

Now what happened is I went to the Apple Store after i dropped my girl off at work. I go in and Look at the iPad, its actually cool and fun to play with despite the MANY faults--I would never buy one tho--and a representative/sales person comes up and starts talking to me about the device. And he was like "this is the top of the line device out there and is comparable to a laptop" "we have no competition" "it gives you the best web experience out there"...... So I am like "O really" "what about the samsung pad running android OS?" "How do i get the best ecperiance with no Flash?" then he proceded to tell me how the Android OS and Flash are Dead Tech. I am like WTF dude learn your sh*t. so i went over to the iphone thinking it was only one stupid guy there.

So the iPhone 4 is really sleek and nice looking and had my DROID out comparing the 2, NEW guy walks up and goes "oh i see you have a DROID, Its a DEAD TECH phone and is in no way comparable to our iPhone, we have a 5 MP cam while yours has a 2 MP cam. I didnt let it go on from there, I shut him up showed him my 5MP Phone and proceeded to show him a link where the "DEAD" android OS Runs circles around The iOS. Told him to learn there Sh*T and stop being one track minded. then left.

heres the Link

http://extorian.co.uk/blog/232/android- ... google-io/

I am in no way a fan boy. I like lots of different things. Also I didn't read the rest of the comments just your post. I am sorry I have to agree with him about the flash on the iPad or iPhone in that matter. Its stupid. If you actually have used flashed on the iPad or iPhone it just kills the device. Same with an Android. When I have used them the device became unresponsive and I had to turn it off just to be able to fix it. No I am not saying that we shouldn't have a alternative to flash. I know for video we are now going to the standard of HTML5 and I know that Apple is creating a Flash alternative (I forget the name at the moment) Same goes with your statement on the iPhone 4. That is just one feature you mentioned and tried to prove him wrong. I don't know what Android device you are running but for example. The HTC Evo with its "HD" camera and video doesn't stand up to the iPhone 4. That is a given and you can look on Youtube all the comparisons. You are picking out the negative things and thinking in the past instead of looking at what is there now and going into the future.

That is just my personal opinion on your statements. I know you are just going to reply denying or defending your self. But that doesn't really matter because that is how you feel. Nobody is going to change that from you, nor will they do it so with me.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:43 am

TheTyler0013 wrote: then he proceded to tell me how the Android OS and Flash are Dead Tech. I am like WTF dude learn your sh*t.

I would be like your face is dead tech! That would show him. :twisted:
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 am

.Yunoko wrote:
TheTyler0013 wrote:First off I love the iPhone (but love my ANDROID phone better) and MacbookPRO. Now what erks me about them is their stupidity, and lack of knowlage against their competition (wether they choose to admit they have it)

Now what happened is I went to the Apple Store after i dropped my girl off at work. I go in and Look at the iPad, its actually cool and fun to play with despite the MANY faults--I would never buy one tho--and a representative/sales person comes up and starts talking to me about the device. And he was like "this is the top of the line device out there and is comparable to a laptop" "we have no competition" "it gives you the best web experience out there"...... So I am like "O really" "what about the samsung pad running android OS?" "How do i get the best ecperiance with no Flash?" then he proceded to tell me how the Android OS and Flash are Dead Tech. I am like WTF dude learn your sh*t. so i went over to the iphone thinking it was only one stupid guy there.

So the iPhone 4 is really sleek and nice looking and had my DROID out comparing the 2, NEW guy walks up and goes "oh i see you have a DROID, Its a DEAD TECH phone and is in no way comparable to our iPhone, we have a 5 MP cam while yours has a 2 MP cam. I didnt let it go on from there, I shut him up showed him my 5MP Phone and proceeded to show him a link where the "DEAD" android OS Runs circles around The iOS. Told him to learn there Sh*T and stop being one track minded. then left.

heres the Link

http://extorian.co.uk/blog/232/android- ... google-io/

I am in no way a fan boy. I like lots of different things. Also I didn't read the rest of the comments just your post. I am sorry I have to agree with him about the flash on the iPad or iPhone in that matter. Its stupid. If you actually have used flashed on the iPad or iPhone it just kills the device. Same with an Android. When I have used them the device became unresponsive and I had to turn it off just to be able to fix it. No I am not saying that we shouldn't have a alternative to flash. I know for video we are now going to the standard of HTML5 and I know that Apple is creating a Flash alternative (I forget the name at the moment) Same goes with your statement on the iPhone 4. That is just one feature you mentioned and tried to prove him wrong. I don't know what Android device you are running but for example. The HTC Evo with its "HD" camera and video doesn't stand up to the iPhone 4. That is a given and you can look on Youtube all the comparisons. You are picking out the negative things and thinking in the past instead of looking at what is there now and going into the future.

That is just my personal opinion on your statements. I know you are just going to reply denying or defending your self. But that doesn't really matter because that is how you feel. Nobody is going to change that from you, nor will they do it so with me.

I think apple is on its way to the top. Its going fast but needs to drop prices in my opinion. I like apple quite a bit

Now for flash Crashing on iPhone and iPad, i say DUH! Its wasnt develpoed for the system. Now I have never had Flash crash on my DROID I can to go flash sites like game pages and it loads great. nothing wrong and is pretty smooth for a phone. I used to be a iPhone only person thought it was the bee's Knee's. But Android is just WOW

here are links comparing the 2 NON BIASED

iOS 4 vs Android 2.2 (FROYO)

http://www.taranfx.com/iphone-4-vs-android-2-2
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33891/i ... ng-systems
http://designerati.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... omparison/
http://www.gadgetsdna.com/apple-ios-4-g ... heet/3754/

each has pros and cons over the other. Pretty much they are the same.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat